Josh Allen - week THREE report card

rayray808

Im not liking how he starts out the games at like 75% completions in the first half and then in the 2nd half is around 40-45% other than a good drive at the end of the game...

Needs to learn how to counter the other teams adjustments a little quicker but at the end of the day he makes plays when the game is on the line and we haven't had that in a long long time...

Going to be a C from me.

Similar to the Jets game but in reverse of half’s. He lets the mistakes get to his head, needs to shake them off. Had a brilliant first half and I even said in the game day thread, his 7 qtrs of football up to that point, he was on fire. Then things got weird. 

Shake it off and come back next week.

Just now, the skycap said:

Consistency from the TE position will help. Did anyone else notice Lee Smith whiff on a lot of blocks today?

Yeah but he made the block for the winning TD.

Allen was a B-/C+.  Lot of guts that last drive but if he played smarter earlier the last drive would have been moot.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The Zay pass was not a normal play. He was running like crazy and at the last second saw Zay and threw it awkward right at the line of scrimmage. He missed it for sure but it was not like a dropback and missing an open WR. 

true.  But I think he overthrew someone last week also.  Got to make those passes, especially against teams like NE.  That's Josh's skill that separates him from most other QB's, making those Mahomes type passes.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

for my money , this is not the year.   weak schedule weeks 1-3.  expect to get spanked a little next week.   hope I'm wrong, but the offense gonna have some problems next week.   D will need to be huge

I agree that the D is gonna have to be better than they have been so far next week. But Allen and his mistakes aren't the only thing under fire from a lot of fans. Daboll better find a way to call a better game than he has in the last 2. For whatever reason, the 3rd quarter is a nightmare for this offense. The mindset of being conservative with a lead, especially under a 3 score lead, is insane. If the Bills play every quarter like the 1st, the last 2 games are won by blowouts

I had him at C. Gave points and momentum to the opposition, left points on the field, missing on several good opportunities. Stared down his receivers in the 2nd half a lot. Made a couple of bad decisions, the kind they are trying to coach out of his game. Ball security was poor. He's capable of busting out with a big play at anytime, and he had a couple today but what you want to see is a steady hand. Didn't see it today. 

Gore and Knox get the game balls IMO.

People (including me) complain when he rolls out and throws a horrible pick into double coverage— but also forget about the 5 other times he does that successfully during the game (including on a 3rd and 17 to convert).

I think with experience he may clean up some of his bad mistakes— but I also feel like that’s always how he is going to be. Just hope the good risk plays outweigh the bad ones.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Going to be a C from me.

Similar to the Jets game but in reverse of half’s. He lets the mistakes get to his head, needs to shake them off. Had a brilliant first half and I even said in the game day thread, his 7 qtrs of football up to that point, he was on fire. Then things got weird. 

Shake it off and come back next week.

Not sure I agree with this part. He made a lot more mistakes against the Jets and overcame them. Today, he seemed to be a bit more rattled, but settled down just enough to lead a go ahead TD

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Not sure I agree with this part. He made a lot more mistakes against the Jets and overcame them. Today, he seemed to be a bit more rattled, but settled down just enough to lead a go ahead TD

Uh, he threw the interception and come out rattled. Same as Jets game. 

It’s still a couple series before he settles back down. You could see him on the sideline upset. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Uh, he threw the interception and come out rattled. Same as Jets game. 

It’s still a couple series before he settles back down. You could see him on the sideline upset. 

That's the part he has to learn to get over a little quicker. But the fact that in both cases he turned negatives in to positives rings a bit louder than a C

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

That's the part he has to learn to get over a little quicker. But the fact that in both cases he turned negatives in to positives rings a bit louder than a C

Does it though? It was 14-0, there was no reason to hero ball it at that point. Live to fight another day. It completely changed the dynamic of the game. 

He even cam out after that and didn’t do much. It was only after the Bills were behind that he sprung into action.  Can’t have that. Gotta put bad teams away.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Does it though? It was 14-0, there was no reason to hero ball it at that point. Live to fight another day. It completely changed the dynamic of the game. 

He even cam out after that and didn’t do much. It was only after the Bills were behind that he sprung into action.  Can’t have that. Gotta put bad teams away.

Some of that has to do with the playcalling, I was fuming about the QB draw during the 2 minute drill. If there were anyway to slap Daboll through my computer screen, I would have. Save that goofy stuff for goal line plays, not when you have a limited amount of time left in a half

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Some of that has to do with the playcalling, I was fuming about the QB draw during the 2 minute drill. If there were anyway to slap Daboll through my computer screen, I would have. Save that goofy stuff for goal line plays, not when you have a limited amount of time left in a half

But the QB draw was in the first half... this was the second half. Had nothing to do with it. Take the sack. Throw the intentional grounding. I don’t care which, DON’T attempt hero ball up 14-0.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

But the QB draw was in the first half... this was the second half. Had nothing to do with it. Take the sack. Throw the intentional grounding. I don’t care which, DON’T attempt hero ball up 14-0.

Speaking of that, that's the second time Allen's been flagged for grounding. Looking at the highlights, I thought he was outside the tackle box both times