Josh Allen - week THREE report card

rayray808

23/36 - 243 yards - 1 TD, 1 INT - 9 carries for 46 yards

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

Today we got to see "streaky Josh" and it is my biggest fear about him. I am okay however if it is a few bad plays during a quarter, followed by a game winning drive. I just donʻt want his "lows" to last entire games.

I had him at a B-, however the INT is inexcusable... especially after experiencing the intentional grounding call. That should have been the light bulb moment. Heck, even the fumble should have been a learning moment where he realizes he just needs to settle in and put the nail in the coffin.

All in all, he is still progressing along enough to prove that he can take over this franchise and lead us to greatness. Today just happened to be his worst game of the season thus far IMO.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, rayray808 said:

Today we got to see "streaky Josh" and it is my biggest fear about him. I am okay however if it is a few bad plays during a quarter, followed by a game winning drive. I just donʻt want his "lows" to last entire games.

I had him at a B-, however the INT is inexcusable... especially after experiencing the intentional grounding call. That should have been the light bulb moment. Heck, even the fumble should have been a learning moment where he realizes he just needs to settle in and put the nail in the coffin.

All in all, he is still progressing along enough to prove that he can take over this franchise and lead us to greatness. Today just happened to be his worst game of the season thus far IMO.

Report card should read 3-0.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

One thing that's overlooked is when a QB establishes an early track record of clutch drives and come-from-behind wins it reinforces itself. If you go out and win you become a winner. The team will also come to believe in that QB, that he's one possession or one play away from taking the game away from the opponent.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Hard to disagree...

BUT, he's still young and inexperienced. This may not be the year he leads the Bills to the promised land, but playoffs are very realistic. 

Growing pains and learning moments...those typically come with losses. Bills are 3-0 despite certain issues. If they can correct some issues and get out of their own way, watch out.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Report card should read 3-0.

Report cards are always letters, bud.

I never got a 3 in math

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I didn’t like his game today and I have been a Josh supporter. On to weeok 4

I didn't like a few plays, but overall, he did enough to win. That's all that really matters...for today anyways. Those issues need to be corrected if we're ever going to compete with the big boys.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Report cards are always letters, bud.

I never got a 3 in math

I didn't like a few plays, but overall, he did enough to win. That's all that really matters...for today anyways. Those issues need to be corrected if we're ever going to compete with the big boys.

Agreed ?

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

One thing that's overlooked is when a QB establishes an early track record of clutch drives and come-from-behind wins it reinforces itself. If you go out and win you become a winner. The team will also come to believe in that QB, that he's one possession or one play away from taking the game away from the opponent.

Allen may have some issues, but its still early in his career. 

Some of his issues he's made strides in improvement, some not so much. But he's already checked off a few boxes, and one very important box is the "gamer" box. He's been more clutch at QB than we've seen in a long time.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Tough class, doesn’t even get credit for a game winning drive.

• Like (+1) 4

I say B. The last scoring drive is way, way, way more important than the inexcusable INT. It's a win. Down with five minutes to go and they went right down the field. Plus he doesn't get enough credit for avoiding the rush and running. The first down he got running late only a couple QBs make if that. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Agree he forced a number of plays such as the INT which you hope he grows out of soon.  That said, last year this was a regular occurance and this year I think he has shown good progress limiting those plays.  He still hasn’t played 16 games mind you.

on the plus side, I think his patience in the pocket is good.  He is becoming very comfortable extending plays w his feet while still hitting WRs down field (Brown and Beasley on 3rd downs in the 1st half).

he has command of the offense and everything is still headed in the right direction so I’m willing to view the couple mental errors in the context of still showing steady improvement.  B. 

Edited by Bill Murray
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Agree he forced a number of plays such as the INT which you hope he grows out of soon.  That said, last year this was a regular occurance and this year I think he has shown good progress limiting those plays.  He still hasn’t played 16 games mind you.

on the plus side, I think his patience in the pocket is good.  He is becoming very comfortable extending plays w his feet while still hitting WRs down field (Brown and Beasley on 3rd downs in the 1st half).

he has command of the offense and everything is still headed in the right direction so I’m willing to view the couple mental errors in the context of still showing steady improvement.  B. 

Spot on post

• Like (+1) 1