Caption This: Knox bulldozer

Warcodered

On 9/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, Captain_Quint said:

20190922_140944_compress30.thumb.jpg.f53f46a4515188df53ec7c85eb064fa4.jpg

Great game, rookie. 

Now that's my kinda celebration...

Get Kuechly and McCaffrey on this team and that's exactly how I'd walk around saying good play.

Also I think Knox got in the way of a round of clapping, kinda explains the front pat to go with the slap on the @$$. 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, mannc said:

I loved the play, but does anyone else wonder why Knox was not flagged for lowering his helmet into the defender?  I'm pretty sure that's a penalty these days...Haven't heard anyone mention it, though.

It's already a judgement call but outside the tackle box a runner or defender needs to purposely line up and deliver a blow with the crown of their Helmet for a foul

The defender was trying to line up Knox and he inadvertently made Helmet contact. He did not charge at him with his head down

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's already a judgement call but outside the tackle box a runner or defender needs to purposely line up and deliver a blow with the crown of their Helmet for a foul

The defender was trying to line up Knox and he inadvertently made Helmet contact. He did not charge at him with his head down

“Lining up” the defender is not part of the rule.  Lowering your head to initiate contact with the defender is.  I defy anyone to watch that replay and tell me that Knox did not lower his helmet to initiate contact with that defender. The Bills were lucky it wasn’t called.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

“Lining up” the defender is not part of the rule.  Lowering your head to initiate contact with the defender is.  I defy anyone to watch that replay and tell me that Knox did not lower his helmet to initiate contact with that defender. The Bills were lucky it wasn’t called.

Lining up is not worded in the actual rulebook but all players are briefed on rule changes 

I have heard multiple players say they were told explicitly they had to line a player up with the crown

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

What players are saying about it: "I don't use my head anyway. That's dangerous. It won't affect me at all. I don't lower my head when I'm contacting defenders. I lower my shoulder. It might be a thin line, like a judgment call, if you ask me. It's a thin line between what's lowering your shoulder and what's lowering your head. But the way they stated the rule how you have to first line him up, then you have to lower your head and deliver a blow -- it's understandable. I've never done that before. So I'm not worried at all." -- Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris to The Washington Post.

Edited by Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lining up is not worded in the actual rulebook but all players are briefed on rule changes 

I have heard multiple players say they were told explicitly they had to line a player up with the crown

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

What players are saying about it: "I don't use my head anyway. That's dangerous. It won't affect me at all. I don't lower my head when I'm contacting defenders. I lower my shoulder. It might be a thin line, like a judgment call, if you ask me. It's a thin line between what's lowering your shoulder and what's lowering your head. But the way they stated the rule how you have to first line him up, then you have to lower your head and deliver a blow -- it's understandable. I've never done that before. So I'm not worried at all." -- Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris to The Washington Post.

If what Knox did wasn’t a penalty, then they might as well just repeal that rule...He pretty much bludgeoned the defender with his helmet.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

If what Knox did wasn’t a penalty, then they might as well just repeal that rule...He pretty much bludgeoned the defender with his helmet.

Refs have called penalties on far less so in theory sure they could've pulled out the laundry

They also know it's 3 minutes left in a tight game and you let players make plays , not decide outcomes