Importance of Gore

Tcali

On 9/25/2019 at 9:03 PM, GoBills808 said:

100% my pick for most important player outside Allen for the Bills this Sunday. 

I think this is going to be a gritty defensive struggle and if we can establish some run game and control ball/clock that's how the Bills will win.

May i suggest it will be gritty both sides of the ball.
I expect this game to be dirt dust and blood.

very much looking forward to this scrum

Go Bills !

On 9/22/2019 at 2:40 PM, Bob in STL said:

Gore was excellent.  Leadership.  Power.  Big runs.  Scored when we needed it. 

So ….  Why was he playing with a ripped shoe?  What was that all about? 

They said its an old shoe he's used since collage.  Apparently he has several pairs but that one was pretty much spent.

• 2 weeks later...

Gore is a pleasure to watch for me. He get more than what i see. he gets stuffed he gets two. Dude has some of the best vision pre and post snap.

Such a joy to watch a master of his art in action.

You kids might look for the big play and fireworks, that is for Singletary to show.

Frank does his job so darned well and does it quietly with brutal finesse.

is there one guy you just know ? will never lose the ball to a fumble ?

Much respect for Mr Gore from me : )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

When Gore signed here he was mainly looked at as a short yardage RB, Grind out the clock for the win RB. He still has great vision and can run with power but I can’t see him hitting a hole and taking it in for a long TD. 

Didnt he just have a 40 yard run 2 games ago?

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Didnt he just have a 40 yard run 2 games ago?

: )

surprised the heck out of me how he runs once past the line and gets some space.
 i expect i am not the only one. Seems he surprised at least two defensive players on that play. among others.Never shortchange Frank Gore. he will f you up

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Importance of Gore? He averaged 5.0 per carry again today. We don't have anyone else on the roster who can carry that load. The change of pace back Singletary today averaged 3.7 ypa on 7 carries - he is not, at this point, a high volume carries guy. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Importance of Gore? He averaged 5.0 per carry again today. We don't have anyone else on the roster who can carry that load. The change of pace back Singletary today averaged 3.7 ypa on 7 carries - he is not, at this point, a high volume carries guy. 

Gore was doing a LeVeon Bell imitation on some runs today, waiting, waiting, waiting before he drove forward. He's been so good. Singletary is not ready to be a workhorse. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Gore was doing a LeVeon Bell imitation on some runs today, waiting, waiting, waiting before he drove forward. He's been so good. Singletary is not ready to be a workhorse. 

Completely agree. And I have said this about Singletary consistently.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

After last week's performance vs. Washington, and the latest emergence of Motor, it's easy to imagine that Gore's touches are going to become more limited going forward. Hopefully, last week's drop in production is less a symptom of Gores age, and more a case of the way he was used-- Jauronball, as GunnerBill called it. With that in mind, I do hope he gets the opportunity to get another 85 yards, which would place him as the second all-time NFL rusher, passing Barry Sanders.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

After last week's performance vs. Washington, and the latest emergence of Motor, it's easy to imagine that Gore's touches are going to become more limited going forward. Hopefully, last week's drop in production is less a symptom of Gores age, and more a case of the way he was used-- Jauronball, as GunnerBill called it. With that in mind, I do hope he gets the opportunity to get another 85 yards, which would place him as the second all-time NFL rusher, passing Barry Sanders.

C'mon...barring injury, Gore will have plenty of chances to get 85 more yards this season.

It's not like they will never give him the ball again.

On 10/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, GunnerBill said:

Completely agree. And I have said this about Singletary consistently.

Based on what?