Importance of Gore

Tcali

I'm happy for Shady in KC but I'm much happier with the Gore-Singletary tandem. To me Gore looks more effective than 2018 McCoy.

On 9/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

But this past week a number of posters said Gore was finished.  One stated that his legs are gone and he should hang it up.  So today's performance was clearly illusory.  His statistics can't be anything other than fake news.

Ask the tacklers he routinely drives backwards about his legs.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:08 PM, KD in CA said:

How dare he mix some two yard runs in with all those nine yard rushes!!!!

Guy averaged 5.4 ypc and scored the winning TD, but clearly he’s not good enough.  ?

Frankly if the Bills had taken a penalty or two in redzone like they did previous game Frank could have raised his yards per carry.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, Rocky Landing said:

For anyone who wants to keep track, after today, Gore needs another 358 yards to pass Barry Sanders for the third most rushing yards in NFL history.

This is an incredible achievement. I confess to having under appreciated this guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, 32ABBA said:

He had some nice plays today. I still think they need better from him. Too many 2 yard runs.

I love that he doesn’t have negative runs though, we seem to be in solid situations. I would like to see Singletary get 60% of the carries though.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, Tcali said:

I think Gore's powerful build(similar to Emmit's) has kept him going for so long. At 36 he still is 70% of what he was in his prime--which is amazing.

If only he could have played behind the line that over rated Cowboy played behind.

On 9/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

But this past week a number of posters said Gore was finished.  One stated that his legs are gone and he should hang it up.  So today's performance was clearly illusory.  His statistics can't be anything other than fake news.

They are probably the same ones complimenting him this week.?

It's funny but refreshing seeing fans appreciating Frank Gore for the variety of things he does to help the team............after years of people selectively ignoring the fact that McCoy was only contributing if and when he was gaining yardage with the ball........and hadn't even done that well in two years.

Cool to see the hate has chilled out a bit on Gore. Who else but Gore still punishes teams in the 4th quarter? And at 36 nonetheless, there truly isn't a back like him in the NFL. Ingram sort of but not really? Derrick Henry, but typically only for like half the season since you can always count on him to just disappear from multiple games? Gore is a legend - him and a healthy Singletary are going to be a deadly combo.

Agree with the Yeldon whiff, though. Yuck. If he touches the ball 10 times you're almost guaranteed a fumble.

Edited by Nelius

Kyle Brandt was on with Murphy and Tasker yesterday and had an interesting take on Gore, saying that if he continues to help the Bills win, this might be the year that truly helps him make the HOF.  His point was that he's been considered an "aggregator" (I think that means just a guy who's  accumulated great stats simply by playing forever) and his role this year could take him out of that category by showcasing him as a key contributor to the team's success.  I think he has a point there.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

7 hours ago, TPS said:

Yeldon needs to earn his paycheck this week. Passes to the RB could be an important element of Daboll’s game plan against (currently) the best D in the NFL. 

Yes he does.  I know many think Yeldon is a fumbling machine (not saying you do or don't) but it's not really so.

In his career he has had 646 touches for 3,223 yards / 12 TDs / 5.0 yards per touch / 6 fumbles.

His fumble last week was bad, he needs to not have any this Sunday.

IF Devin is a no go, TJ has to perform well.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I agree, but I think the point was that we would be better off with McCoy over Yeldon, which I have to agree with, but who knows what Beane & McCoy discusses about his possible role this season. Seems to me he could have helped us. 

yes that was a point to be taken. ty

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes he does.  I know many think Yeldon is a fumbling machine (not saying you do or don't) but it's not really so.

In his career he has had 646 touches for 3,223 yards / 12 TDs / 5.0 yards per touch / 6 fumbles.

His fumble last week was bad, he needs to not have any this Sunday.

IF Devin is a no go, TJ has to perform well.

context may apply. His fumbles may or may not have been in critical situations. but because perspective? it might be the case.

i think Yeldon and i think fumble. and he did just that. I yelled profanities, perhaps the same ones i yelled last time he fumbled for us.

good on McD to get him back in the game though. 
still not my choice for #3 or in this case #2 rb for the Bills

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

this !

and perhaps a clause that Bills pay for them, as needed.

if he wear them out ? incentive bonus : )

• Like (+1) 1