Importance of Gore

Tcali

3 hours ago, Tcali said:

In addition to several other solid runs in the game..The critical run was the 3rd and goal at the one .

experience,quickness,power and natural talent made that split second decision to hit the right hole possible.

Other RBs could have easily screwed that up.

Let's not forget that he also invented the internet.  That's gotta be pretty important too.

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

He had some nice plays today. I still think they need better from him. Too many 2 yard runs.

What a putz...

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Name calling...lame.

Yes, but oh so accurate.. 

2 hours ago, Tcali said:

I think I would take Singletary over Shady at this stage of their careers

I agree, but I think the point was that we would be better off with McCoy over Yeldon, which I have to agree with, but who knows what Beane & McCoy discusses about his possible role this season. Seems to me he could have helped us. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

That’s the problem tho. Gordon/Shady/Motor is a good combo. The Bills got rid of Shady to save money. If there’s an injury you have nice depth. Yeldon isn’t nice depth and it shines the spotlight on getting rid of Shady.

Not saying Gore isn’t nice to have but the depth is awful and injuries happen.

Let it go.

KC can pay him for those 21 and 56 yard games.  The other weapons on that team need a breather every. now and then...

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He did great but I think he needs new shoes.

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

So ….  Why was he playing with a ripped shoe?  What was that all about? 

With that said, I was quite impressed with Mr Gore's performance today.

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

He had some nice plays today. I still think they need better from him. Too many 2 yard runs.

How dare he mix some two yard runs in with all those nine yard rushes!!!!

Guy averaged 5.4 ypc and scored the winning TD, but clearly he’s not good enough.  ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

How dare he mix some two yard runs in with all those nine yard rushes!!!!

Guy averaged 5.4 ypc and scored the winning TD, but clearly he’s not good enough.  ?

He had a good game, I acknowledged that. The prior games were pretty *****...check his YPC. Especially considering that Singletary was tearing it up.

4 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Another successful Hurricane. Amazing what he's still doing at his age ?

One of my friends who went to the U pointed out that Gore was at Miami with our QB coach Ken Dorsey when they won a National Championship. Thought that was a cool connection to have across different levels of our offensive staff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

But this past week a number of posters said Gore was finished.  One stated that his legs are gone and he should hang it up.  So today's performance was clearly illusory.  His statistics can't be anything other than fake news.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Tcali said:

I think I would take Singletary over Shady at this stage of their careers

True.  But it would have been nice to have Shady available, especially with Singletary sidelined indefinitely.

And this was the problem.  The coaches didn't think Shady would be happy as the #3 back.

16 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is true. But, I think the combo of Gore/Motor/Yeldon is a pretty good trio-- Yeldon for his receiving ability. Kinda wish we had gone with Perry over Yeldon, though.

Murphy was better than Yeldon. Yeldon plays way to softly. Very tentative runner, and while he may have talent as a receiving option, again his weakness show like on the one he dropped yesterday when he pulled up because he was going get hit. No toughness to his game. He would make a great flag football player.

Something I like. Very few negative plays. Always seems to get something. Loved Shady but he sprinked in a lot of -3 and -5 yard plays with his positive yards.  Gore doing what he was brought here to do. Need to get the other guy back though.

Edited by Olliemets

On 9/22/2019 at 5:19 PM, LeGOATski said:

A very Emmitt Smith-esque career. Impressive longevity. He has a chance to catch Walter Payton if he somehow keeps it up the next two seasons. 

I have not seen Gore once fake an injury to give offense a break from attacking defense.  The announcers would say something like he would be out for the game, he'd take a play off and be back in with talk how he was such a warrior.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR0thcmA95LX5EBK3Idug

Announcers 

Emmitt Smith deserved an Emmy daytime lifetime achievement award for his performances.