Importance of Gore

Tcali

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Not sure that I agree that Perry is any worse than Yeldon as a RB. But, if nothing else, I would MUCH rather have seen Perry out there returning punts than Hyde. Hyde is too valuable to put into that position, IMO. I was holding my breath every time he didn't wave it off (which I think was maybe only twice?)

I don't think Perry returns punts. He's the gunner type. 

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

I disagree it was about money.  Shady would want to be the lead back and the Bills had other plans.  Why keep him when he would be unhappy and hinder the development of the future.  The decision has not cost the Bills yet.

I’m not buying that. The Bills aren’t going with RB by committee. Gore is the lead back. Shady could have been that guy. Easily. And Gore in relief.

The problem is the touches Motor would have seen. 

But injuries happen... case in point. 

Shady is too old and injury prone to carry the weight... Cripe does anyone even remember the past 2 seasons?? occas slight breakaway with most 1 yarders into the line.

KC is a perfect fit for him with great QB and WRs to open things up and let him have open lanes to deal with.

Frank Gore is a very good between-the-tackles runner.  

Love having him in goal line situations.

I'm still somewhat baffled at the decision to take TJ Yeldon over LeSean McCoy though.

Even if McCoy has lost several steps, he's still way better than Yeldon.

It sounds like Beane was worried about McCoy not handling a timeshare well, and wanted to get Devon Singletary more involved.  It kinda sucks if that was the reasoning, because we really downgraded by letting him go.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Frank Gore is a very good between-the-tackles runner.  

Love having him in goal line situations.

I'm still somewhat baffled at the decision to take TJ Yeldon over LeSean McCoy though.

Even if McCoy has lost several steps, he's still way better than Yeldon.

It sounds like Beane was worried about McCoy not handling a timeshare well, and wanted to get Devon Singletary more involved.  It kinda sucks if that was the reasoning, because we really downgraded by letting him go.

I think I would take Singletary over Shady at this stage of their careers

• Like (+1) 2

Been a fan of his for a long time (49ers are my "2nd" team).

He's probably the most underrated player I can think of over the last 20 years, and Fred Jackson was often considered the most underrated by Bills fans. Now, he's getting his due, since he has longevity and numbers.

I was extatic when he signed with the Bills. The guy just loves football. Oh, and 2 ACL injuries at Miami behind McGahee and Portis just adds to the legend.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

That’s the problem tho. Gordon/Shady/Motor is a good combo. The Bills got rid of Shady to save money. If there’s an injury you have nice depth. Yeldon isn’t nice depth and it shines the spotlight on getting rid of Shady.

Not saying Gore isn’t nice to have but the depth is awful and injuries happen.

my thoughts since the beginning. Sending Shady off was a mistake. He wasn't hurting the cap or the locker room. 

1 hour ago, Tcali said:

In addition to several other solid runs in the game..The critical run was the 3rd and goal at the one .

experience,quickness,power and natural talent made that split second decision to hit the right hole possible.

Other RBs could have easily screwed that up.

For those that Negatively critique Frank Gore?

gfys

dude is beast

54 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Gore is extremely valuable. He had a very strong game today all day long. We need a breakaway guy to complement him but we haven't had a guy like that in a long time. He gets tough yards. He's dependable. He's good in short yardage and goalline. He's good at pass protection. Yeldon and Gore is not a great tandem, but Motor and Gore is a nice combo. 

YES

Motor and Gore ftw

3 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

only on kickoffs not for punts

Sure. But, in terms of the discussion I was having with KtD, which is greater, the difference between PR, and KR, or the difference between PR, and safety? And, to reiterate my other point: Hyde is too valuable to be subbing as the PR!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

my thoughts since the beginning. Sending Shady off was a mistake. He wasn't hurting the cap or the locker room. 

Yeldon fumbled Again in a critical situation.

McBeane had best find his replacement.

i would have kept McCoy if i could but maybe LeSean wanted a new view 

• Like (+1) 1

Frank Gore is ridiculous. He knows how to run the ball and at 36 he can still get it done. Then there is the veteran leadership. I think that some fail to realize that without his busting out productive runs when the air had gone out of the Bills offence we probably lose today. Momentum is often a big factor in determining the result. Gore and Knox breathed life into an almost dead effort in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I think what today's game showed is the importance of Singletary.

I suggest today showed the importance of Frank Gore.

and yeldon is still yeldon

hope Bills find another gem in the draft to compliment Devin though