Fleiciano in a neck brace

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Bills Oil Company said:

I don't agree with it.   It's how Josh is going to get hurt and limits his development because he's running for his life.    Best 5 on the OL play.  Ford isn't top 5 right now.  Develop on your own F-ing time.  

There is certainly truth to this.

But, consider:

Nsekhe (33, and already injured at least once this year) is on a downward trajectory.

Ford (top prospect, high ceiling, not playing that much worse than Nsekhe) is on an upward trajectory.

Ford needs to be developed. Not for his own good, but for the sustained good of the team. I think they're handling the situation appropriately.

And, honestly, I think the characterization of Josh "running for his life" is hyperbolic. Last season Josh was running for his life. This season, you'd have to be blind to not see the improvement in the O-line.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What kind of Neck brace? Was it the hard plastic one? That could be serious. the foam neck ring one could mean he had a fender bender on the way to the stadium and has a meeting with Celino and Barnes tomorrow morning.....

That jingle is going to be in my head all night. 

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

There is certainly truth to this.

But, consider:

Nsekhe (33, and already injured at least once this year) is on a downward trajectory.

Ford (top prospect, high ceiling, not playing that much worse than Nsekhe) is on an upward trajectory.

Ford needs to be developed. Not for his own good, but for the sustained good of the team. I think they're handling the situation appropriately.

And, honestly, I think the characterization of Josh "running for his life" is hyperbolic. Last season Josh was running for his life. This season, you'd have to be blind to not see the improvement in the O-line.

Fair enough.   And yes, they are definitely better than last year.  If i were McBeane, here's what i would do assuming everyone is healthy.  Ford to bench.  Line is: Dawkins, Spain, Mitch, Fel, Ty.   Then next offseason let Spain walk (he's on a 1 yr deal), draft/sign a real RT (I'd prefer a Rd 1 or 2 draft pick), Nsekhe becomes the true swing tackle, and Ford & Fel are your starting guards - put one of them on left side.   So: Dawkins, Fel, Mitch, Ford, New guy.      

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

You do not need to be blind.  You could have an agenda and deny anything contrary to it.  Lots of "professional" sports analysts are like that.

5 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

probably not a good thing.  Best case scenario he’s out for about 6 weeks

A best case scenario is usually the best news possible, which would be ready to practice this week and play next week. Being out 6 weeks is a bad case scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

A best case scenario is usually the best news possible, which would be ready to practice this week and play next week. Being out 6 weeks is a bad case scenario.

If it were anything remotely close to being that serious, we would have heard something about it.  Again, fearmongering.