Did I watch a different game? Allen under pressure all day & made play after play

Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

The Bills struggled to find any type of consistency against at least 2 of the worst defenses in football right now. Their half time adjustments have been very poor as well. Those are things that can not happen against the Pats. Both teams are 3-0 against bad opponents, but only one team has years of success to look to. 

The past has nothing to do with this year. They are 3-0, actually a good team, and still learning. Enjoy and quit whining....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's  only because the ball didn't make it to the line of scrimmage. He could have thrown it away earlier but it was simply a case of the defender was on him and stopped the ball from going farther. It had nothing to do with a receiver in the area on that particular play. 

That's a good point, but still a play that gets called. Thanks for the correction. 

12 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Allen is a gamer and has heart no doubt but the bonehead pick has to stop, he has made that mistake numerous times now and the intentional grounding cost us 3 points at least, all in all he still learning and a work in progress. 

I agree the OL in pass block was atrocious today 

Agreed on all counts but the three points—a 47/48 yarder into that wind isn’t a gimmee.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Correct. We rather take the intentional grounding over the INT. That INT probably happened because of the earlier IG call. The real culprit is Allen trying to make plays out of nothing when plays are blown up. Instead of going down he back pedals 10-15 yards to try to make a play. Unless we can coach that out of him, the end result of those plays will be a throw away at best with the occasional miracle completion for a first down.

Right, because really good QBs never make bad decisions or throws when trying to make something out of nothing...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The past has nothing to do with this year. They are 3-0, actually a good team, and still learning. Enjoy and quit whining....

That might be true if NE changed coaches and QBs. I am enjoying the wins, but I'm not such a homer that I miss all of the weaknesses. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Always hilarious when some think you need to be a 100% homer to be a fan of a team :)

Any given sunday and all that.  Particularly in a game where one injury can completely change a game.  Gods ... no.  A particularly strong team at the moment, yes.  

That definitely describes the majority on this board.  For whatever reason.  Or at least the "vocal" ones.

I think there are a lot more sensible fans here than we think.  They just don't post.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The O-line offered minimal protection.  How many yards was he responsible after plays broker down?

At what point is it his fault? How many seconds do you think they have to give him for it to be a good blocking job? He seemed to have more than enough time on a lot of his plays today. 

22 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Nah, really just one stupid play.  Allen played well aside from the interception.  Even the intentional grounding call was driven by good decision-making and would go uncalled nine times out of ten.

I think he had a fair amount of good and a fair amount of bad. The pick throw seemed less a reaction to the grounding play than to the awful decision he made to throw across his body while under duress to sweeney in the red zone in the first half. He got lucky and it was a catch, but that was a ball that should NEVER have been thrown. He’s a cocky player, which i like, but he’s gotta eliminate the stupid. 

One other issue: the next deep ball he completes will be his first of the season. He’s 0-4 or 0-5 on those throws this year, and he’s either missing by a fair amount or throwing into double coverage.

Great final drive, of course.

Edited by dave mcbride

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Patriots blow out the bad teams. Bills squeak by them. That's the difference.

Bills haven't played the historically bad Dolphins or the Jets with their 3rd string QB. That could also be part of the difference too. Oh and maybe we aren't as good as the six time super bowl champion dynasty Patriots too which would be totally understandable in Josh Allen's second year and less than one full season starting.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Trogdor said:

That might be true if NE changed coaches and QBs. I am enjoying the wins, but I'm not such a homer that I miss all of the weaknesses. 

Nobody is overlooking their weaknesses. Some of us just prefer to not look for ONLY the weknesses...

• Thank you (+1) 1

My definition of a franchise QB is that they can carry the team on their back when required and lead them to a win.  I think that is the 3rd/4th comeback victory in 14 starts for Allen.

He is not a finished product and can still explode but he continues to develop.  Kinda the anti-EJ.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Always hilarious when some think you need to be a 100% homer to be a fan of a team :)

Any given sunday and all that.  Particularly in a collision sport where one injury can completely change a game.  Gods ... no.  A particularly strong team at the moment, yes.  

Always hilarious when you fall back on labeling people homers who fail to agree with you. Maybe you are just wrong. That's ok, you know. Everyboy is from time to time

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right, because really good QBs never make bad decisions or throws when trying to make something out of nothing...

Why are you arguing with me? You are missing my point. I'm fine with those plays. Just pointing out that they are the culprit and we will have to live with them.