Did I watch a different game? Allen under pressure all day & made play after play

Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, No Cease Fires said:

Please list all the QBs in the league that get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds.

Some of you are ridiculous.

I’d list all of the franchise QBs. And Josh. He’s shown he can do it. 

He he just needs to do it a little more SOMETIMES. OL can take a step up a little more too, don’t get me wrong. 

It’s not like this criticism is entirely new and novel. 

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes & one stupid play under immense pressure.  

And yet again bad mid-game adjustments.....

Oh yea the game winning drive was all Allen.....

But sure tell me otherwise.

Multiple stupid plays. The fumble which could have gone the other way without some good luck, multiple ill advised passes.  Look, he is MUCH better than last year, But still makes rookie mistakes.  He is still young and plenty time to improve even more.  Opponents could be 0-9 after today.  Next week they play somebody for the first time, and do they ever. .  That will be a big test of everyone, coaches and players. Then we should have a much clearer picture.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I thought he held the ball too long on a number of throws. Sure looked to me like we had guys open and Allen just didn't pull the trigger, or he locked in on one guy the whole route. He was much better with that last week. Work in progress. This looked like a lot of his games last year only it was against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

Multiple stupid plays. The fumble which could have gone the other way without some good luck, multiple ill advised passes.  Look, he is MUCH better than last year, But still makes rookie mistakes.  He is still young and plenty time to improve even more.  Opponents could be 0-9 after today.  Next week they play somebody for the first time, and do they ever. .  That will be a big test of everyone, coaches and players. Then we should have a much clearer picture.

Yes, because losing to the Patriots would be a SHOCKING outcome for this team.

Talk about disingenuous.

3-0 is 3-0.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The line was definitely struggling but Allen cant run backwards when under pressure, thats a big no no.

Absolutely.  I thought they made a good point on the broadcast that Allen maybe he did that bc of the penalty earlier.  Either way he make that throw no doubt he has that hero ball gene in him bc of his arm and overall swag.

But overall he's been fantastic and we're 3-0.  We should all be ecstatic.  For the team and him.

This is what development looks like and he has has the team around him for this to happen. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Absolutely.  I thought they made a good point on the broadcast that Allen maybe he did that bc of the penalty earlier.  Either way he make that throw no doubt he has that hero ball gene in him bc of his arm and overall swag.

But overall he's been fantastic and we're 3-0.  We should all be ecstatic.  For the team and him.

This is what development looks like and he has has the team around him for this to happen. 

Post more often, please.

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Nah, really just one stupid play.  Allen played well aside from the interception.  Even the intentional grounding call was driven by good decision-making and would go uncalled nine times out of ten.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

My guess is that Allen has the Brett Favre gene that will never be coached out of him and we'll all just have to get used to a play like this once in a while, but that doesn't minimize how bad it was.

Yep. 100% and that is totally fine with me. It will not be coached out of Allen. So we as fans need to learn to be okay with it. Make no mistake our hearts will be ripped out of our chests more than a couple times during Allen's 15 year career in Buffalo and due to throws like the ones Favre had. But we'll also be rewarded with the success that many of those Favre led teams had too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Yes, because losing to the Patriots would be a SHOCKING outcome for this team.

Talk about disingenuous.

3-0 is 3-0.

Nothing disingenuous about it.  You think 3-0 against 0-9 teams is a sign of greatness it seems,.  I do not.  They don't need to beat NE, nor did I say they needed to. But playing against a quality opponent will show what they are more than beating bottom feeders.  You don't agree, that's fine.

Nothing disingenuous about it.  You think 3-0 against 0-9 teams is a sign of greatness it seems,.  I do not.  They don't need to beat NE, nor did I say they needed to. But playing against a quality opponent will show what they are more than beating bottom feeders.  You don't agree, that's fine.

You realize the Bills are part of the reason those teams are 0-9, yes?

:rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What is the combined record of the teams NE has beaten?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Nah, really just one stupid play.  Allen played well aside from the interception.  Even the intentional grounding call was driven by good decision-making and would go uncalled nine times out of ten.

Correct. We rather take the intentional grounding over the INT. That INT probably happened because of the earlier IG call. The real culprit is Allen trying to make plays out of nothing when plays are blown up. Instead of going down he back pedals 10-15 yards to try to make a play. Unless we can coach that out of him, the end result of those plays will be a throw away at best with the occasional miracle completion for a first down.

Allen is a gamer and has heart no doubt but the bonehead pick has to stop, he has made that mistake numerous times now and the intentional grounding cost us 3 points at least, all in all he still learning and a work in progress. 

I agree the OL in pass block was atrocious today 

The interception was bad but as mentioned above I can live with it for now.  That same spirit that led to the pick also triggers all the great athletic runs and throws escaping the pass rush.

My only concern over the long haul though is how long can he keep relying on his athleticism?  The hits from defenders also don't help 

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yup.

If he can make his mistakes and learn while pulling out wins, we can't ask for much more than that.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m glad we have Allen, he is showing he has it in clutch situations.  But he has to get rid of the dumb decisions where he relies too much on arm strength.  The throw back over the middle to Sweeney- even though completed that kind of pass gets picked off more than completed. Should have had another one picked off down the right side with an ill advised throw.  And of course the one pick is the kind of thing you just cannot do.

He’s doing well and these comebacks are great to see in a young QB.  But as he matures he’ll find that he can put the game away long before needing a comeback.

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Well, the Patriots opponents, after today could be 0-9...what's your point?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1