Did I watch a different game? Allen under pressure all day & made play after play

Billsfan1972

The Offense still seems to be a work in progress.

12 hours ago, bobblehead said:

I could set up a “buzzword bingo” game replacing numbers with the growing litany of adjectives bring used for teh bad playz lately...

(Sal Moriana): “But this particular type of interception, the one that very nearly sent the Bills tumbling to what would have been a mortifying, soul-crushing type of loss, has to stop, here and now.”

(Me):  bingo  

Yet we are 3-0 and not 0-3.  I see improvement.  I also see more TDs than INTs. 

I guess the Bills just arent part of the Satanic culture within the media and the NFL?.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 9/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, BillsFanSD said:

The interception was terrible and inexcusable.  I love Allen and I'm kind of a homer for the guy, but that was a bone-headed play that single-handedly changed the entire course of the game.  My guess is that Allen has the Brett Favre gene that will never be coached out of him and we'll all just have to get used to a play like this once in a while, but that doesn't minimize how bad it was.

And honestly, he looked kind of rattled on the next couple of drives after that.  I can live with the occasional stupid play, but guys like Favre and Kelly seemed to forget about them after 30 seconds or so.  Allen could do better in this area.

That said, he looked very sharp in the first half and was clutch on the last drive.  No worries on my end.

That play was absolutely a horrible play on his part.  It's something he really REALLY needs to stop doing.

Yet...

If it resulted in a completion and a big play, we wouldn't be harping on it that much.

Look, I completely 100% agree needs to stop making that specific throw, which he's already done a couple times this year.  But I don't know if he ever stops.  I really think we might need to just suffer through it.  It's the flipside of  Allen being probably the most difficult QB in the NFL to take down in the backfield.

All of that said, Lamar Jackson made one of those absolute boneheaded throws that should have been intercepted across the field in the Chiefs game, but his WR caught it.  And right now on talk shows you hear a lot of people talking about how gritty Jackson was for the Ravens at the end of that game as he almost brought his team back.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That play was absolutely a horrible play on his part.  It's something he really REALLY needs to stop doing.

Yet...

If it resulted in a completion and a big play, we wouldn't be harping on it that much.

Look, I completely 100% agree needs to stop making that specific throw, which he's already done a couple times this year.  But I don't know if he ever stops.  I really think we might need to just suffer through it.  It's the flipside of  Allen being probably the most difficult QB in the NFL to take down in the backfield.

All of that said, Lamar Jackson made one of those absolute boneheaded throws that should have been intercepted across the field in the Chiefs game, but his WR caught it.  And right now on talk shows you hear a lot of people talking about how gritty Jackson was for the Ravens at the end of that game as he almost brought his team back.

I don't know from his post game interview I'm not sure it's even the same thing as those other passes. It sounded like the intentional grounding was in his head so he was trying to throw it away closer to a WR but didn't expect the defender to be able to get under it like that.