Did I watch a different game? Allen under pressure all day & made play after play

Billsfan1972

3 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

You think 3-0 against 0-9 teams is a sign of greatness it seems,.  I do not.

So you think the Pats* are not great? I mean, they're 3-0 against 0-9 teams!

32 minutes ago, eball said:

Josh is a work in progress. Those who don’t understand that will continue to be frustrated by the inevitable valleys that come with the incredible peaks. We saw both today. 

Some people just need to be unhappy. It's how Jerry Sullivan has people who follow him.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So you think the Pats* are not great? I mean, they're 3-0 against 0-9 teams!

Well how about this.

Since the Bills last won a playoff game, New England has appeared in 10 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.

Does that strike you as great?  

Edited by Nextmanup

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Well how about this.

Since the Bills last won a playoff game, New England has appeared in 10 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.

But we're not playing the last ten Super Bowl Pats. We're playing the 2019 Pats. 

Buffalo did "enough" to beat 3 poor football teams.  Allen made enough throws to win when it mattered most.  The Yeldon fumble and Allen pick put life into a dead team.  Can Buffalo play a clean enough game, and make enough to beat NE?  

Edited by Mat68

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Well how about this.

You're digressing. What you were saying is 3-0 against 0-9 doesn't mean greatness. You're wrong. As you note above.

Or maybe folks like me need to stop coming here after a victory expecting everyone to be excited about being 3-0. There's always folks who need to piss in everyone's Cheerios.

Well done. Glad I don't have to listen to you in the office tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To be fair the Bills are 3-0 against 1-8 teams. But they played a better Jets team with their leaders on Offense and Defense. Shut down the Giants and played a Bengals team that got embrassed the week prior. 

The Bills need to have 0 turnovers next week to even remotely have a chance against the Patriots.

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You're digressing. What you were saying is 3-0 against 0-9 doesn't mean greatness. You're wrong. As you note above.

Or maybe folks like me need to stop coming here after a victory expecting everyone to be excited about being 3-0. There's always folks who need to piss in everyone's Cheerios.

Well done. Glad I don't have to listen to you in the office tomorrow.

Some people are rabid homers who live in a permanent state of belief that the Bills are eternally disrespected and consider a relative lack of national media coverage an intentional slight and revel in calling the end of the Patriots dynasty every year. 

If one considers the fact that both teams are 3-0 on the back of wins vs 0-3 teams to be an apple-to-apple comparison, I don’t know what to tell you. The 2019 Patriots are, of course, a unique entity, but it is patently absurd to say that a team that retains a 6-time Super Bowl winning QB/HC pair should be considered on par with a team that has had frequent turnover, no hope at QB for 20+ years, and a single playoff appearance this millennium.

It’s also worth noting that the Pats have blown out their opponents, while the Bills have struggled to translate dominant early play into comfortable leads, and were fortunate to come back from 4 turnovers in a half largely due to exceptionally poor kicking. I say this as someone who places high value on the team and Allen’s resolve and belief to overcome a 16 point 4th-quarter deficit, self-belief and execution that is rare and valuable in the NFL. 

The Pats are probably the Super Bowl favorite and have shown no reason to believe that they are anything but a contender (defense has improved drastically since a weak point 2-3 years ago, esp. versus the run). The Bills are off to a great start, and I believe in the current regime and Allen, making games the most exciting and meaningful they’ve been in my lifetime (born early 90s; closest was mid-2000s with a strong defense in an era of mostly mediocre QB play where Trent Dilfer could win a Super Bowl and a historically good defense could legitimately compete with a subpar offense minimizing mistakes and taking advantage of incremental field position. In today’s NFL, there’s no chance the Bears defense could carry them to a Super Bowl with Trubisky’s level of play. 

Bills fans have a lot to be optimistic about, far more so than they have in decades. The long term outlook is promising, given the quality of defensive execution and roster management/draft track record and the short term is exciting enough that I believe we could win a playoff game this year. But equating the Bills’ start to the Patriots’ is absurd; we have a wide range of concerns (turnovers, complacency when ahead and attempting to “protect” marginal leads instead of confidently executing on a successful core gameplan. The inferiority complex that leads to not being able to impartially appreciate the quality of the Patriots organization year-after-year and just be happy for the reasons to be optimistic about “The Process” is petty and self-defeating. 

4 hours ago, sven233 said:

I wouldn't exactly say that.  Allen definitely had great moments, but let's not go overboard here.  He made a bunch of bad mistakes today.

That said, our O-Line is getting worry-some.  They were not good at all today.  If they are not better against the Pats* next week, it's going to get ugly fast.

Yeah Feliciano has turned out to be a game changer in there with Morse by his side.   With him out and Cody Ford in there, the dropoff was significant.

Ive rewatched every snap so far this year and kept an eye on Ford because I think the Bills are forcing him into a role he's simply not ready to play yet.  He has some solid plays for sure but he whiffs a fair amount and at the tackle position even more so.  The kid was drafted high but it does not mean he should be thrown in the fire.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Opposing defenses now have the book on our offense.   The O-line does a poor job  against blitzes and Josh holds the ball a long time.   

Daboll has to get more out of the quick rythm passing game, but since we only have two legit WRs (Brown and Beasley), teams are taking that away...

We also have two TEs who can catch the ball.  

18 minutes ago, ny33 said:

Bills fans have a lot to be optimistic about, far more so than they have in decades. The long term outlook is promising, given the quality of defensive execution and roster management/draft track record and the short term is exciting enough that I believe we could win a playoff game this year. But equating the Bills’ start to the Patriots’ is absurd; we have a wide range of concerns (turnovers, complacency when ahead and attempting to “protect” marginal leads instead of confidently executing on a successful core gameplan. The inferiority complex that leads to not being able to impartially appreciate the quality of the Patriots organization year-after-year and just be happy for the reasons to be optimistic about “The Process” is petty and self-defeating. 

Frankly, I don't disagree with what you're writing. I bring in the Pats* to show the absurdity of the claim that the Bills have shown nothing because 3-0 came agains 1-8.

The problem is that virtually ALL of us know the Bills aren't going to the SB. The hope is to make the playoffs again. Given the state of the AFC...especially the AFC East, 3-0 is a great way to get there.

Are we supposed to think this team is perfect? No.

But are we supposed to think the team is getting better? Yes. There will be bad throws and bad games and bad moments, but the number of those items are starting to get reduced.

Folks like me find this VERY enjoyable. I don't give a ratsasshaire if it's against teams that are 1-8. We're 3-0 with a VERY young team.

And anyone who finds it necessary to point that out right after a game should either sleep on it until the next day or ask Jerry Sullivan for an internship.

The rest of us are just trying to enjoy the moment.

Cheerio pissers, quite honestly, can !@#$ off.

That's all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Frankly, I don't disagree with what you're writing. I bring in the Pats* to show the absurdity of the claim that the Bills have shown nothing because 3-0 came agains 1-8.

The problem is that virtually ALL of us know the Bills aren't going to the SB. The hope is to make the playoffs again. Given the state of the AFC...especially the AFC East, 3-0 is a great way to get there.

But are we supposed to think the team is getting better? Yes. There will be bad throws and bad games and bad moments, but the number of those items are starting to get reduced.

Folks like me find this VERY enjoyable. I don't give a ratsasshaire if it's against teams that are 1-8. We're 3-0 with a VERY young team.

And anyone who finds it necessary to point that out right after a game should either sleep on it until the next day or ask Jerry Sullivan for an internship.

That's all.

Honestly, I don't spend much time on here after a game. I remarked to a poster earlier that you would think this team is 0-3 with the amount of posts highlighting anything negative in the game today or their season so far.

34 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's all.

Apologies if you misconstrued my point for pessimism, as I wasn’t directing my thoughts at you, but rather a quoted post. I agree that it’s wonderful to be able to enjoy the season and progress game by game with a team that is vastly improved and has a clear plan, and the heart that will make a difference as Beane and co. continue to execute on a strong draft track record/conservative free agency mentality targeting underappreciated players like Brown and some of the o-line pickups instead of the splash approach taken by previous regimes. 

There’s far more to be excited than concerned about, and I’ll take the roller coaster of turnovers as long as the team keeps showing that it has rare heart on top of the promising core that Beane is building.

I wouldn’t even be discouraged with a 7 win team if Allen keeps getting better game-by-game and focusing on shoring up his weaknesses (reflected visually and statistically on a clear upward trend). The 9-7 team of two years ago was a drastic overachiever, and that continued drive to win should mean a great future as the talent level improves. If Allen keeps up this development pace and gets some better pass protection + a physical receiver who can take advantage of the threat of our burners (Brown/Foster), promising set of tight ends/versatile running back, Allen’s rare agility/mobility and Beasley’s ability to be open underneath, we could be a legitimate championship contender as soon as two years from now. 

Edited by ny33

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Dude, I know this.

People here are stuck on their pre-draft evaluations and can't see what's in front of them.

First it was completion %. Now that's over 60%, they move on to "buT MuH dUMb PlaYz!"

It is what it is.

I could set up a “buzzword bingo” game replacing numbers with the growing litany of adjectives bring used for teh bad playz lately...

(Sal Moriana): “But this particular type of interception, the one that very nearly sent the Bills tumbling to what would have been a mortifying, soul-crushing type of loss, has to stop, here and now.”

(Me):  bingo