Did I watch a different game? Allen under pressure all day & made play after play

Billsfan1972

The interception was terrible and inexcusable.  I love Allen and I'm kind of a homer for the guy, but that was a bone-headed play that single-handedly changed the entire course of the game.  My guess is that Allen has the Brett Favre gene that will never be coached out of him and we'll all just have to get used to a play like this once in a while, but that doesn't minimize how bad it was.

And honestly, he looked kind of rattled on the next couple of drives after that.  I can live with the occasional stupid play, but guys like Favre and Kelly seemed to forget about them after 30 seconds or so.  Allen could do better in this area.

That said, he looked very sharp in the first half and was clutch on the last drive.  No worries on my end.

• Like (+1) 13

I wouldn't exactly say that.  Allen definitely had great moments, but let's not go overboard here.  He made a bunch of bad mistakes today.

That said, our O-Line is getting worry-some.  They were not good at all today.  If they are not better against the Pats* next week, it's going to get ugly fast.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes & one stupid play under immense pressure.  

And yet again bad mid-game adjustments.....

Oh yea the game winning drive was all Allen.....

But sure tell me otherwise.

He was "pressured" because he held the ball too long staring at receivers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

The interception was terrible and inexcusable.  I love Allen and I'm kind of a homer for the guy, but that was a bone-headed play that single-handedly changed the entire course of the game.  My guess is that Allen has the Brett Favre gene that will never be coached out of him and we'll all just have to get used to a play like this once in a while, but that doesn't minimize how bad it was.

And honestly, he looked kind of rattled on the next couple of drives after that.  I can live with the occasional stupid play, but guys like Favre and Kelly seemed to forget about them after 30 seconds or so.  Allen could do better in this area.

That said, he looked very sharp in the first half and was clutch on the last drive.  No worries on my end.

Yup, a young qb made a dumb play.  Who cares?  

• Like (+1) 3

The fumble along the sideline was a bad play and we were very lucky not to turn the ball over.

The INT was beyond horrible.

Missed a wide open Zay Jones for an easy TD.

Made some nice throws; made some tough runs.

A mix of good, great, bad, and really bad.  As usual.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I kind of agree.  On most plays the OL did their part.  Josh just needs to get the ball out in under 2 seconds sometimes.  

Just now, sven233 said:

I wouldn't exactly say that.  Allen definitely had great moments, but let's not go overboard here.  He made a bunch of bad mistakes today.

That said, our O-Line is getting worry-some.  They were not good at all today.  If they are not better against the Pats* next week, it's going to get ugly fast.

Opposing defenses now have the book on our offense.   The O-line does a poor job  against blitzes and Josh holds the ball a long time.   

Daboll has to get more out of the quick rythm passing game, but since we only have two legit WRs (Brown and Beasley), teams are taking that away...

Overall he played good.  He definitely had a couple glaring mistakes that he has to start correcting.  Also a couple plays where he stared at receiver entire play.  Gotta love his grit and never say die attitude though, that overcomes a lot of bad things.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm glad he has stuff to work on and improve. His potential is sky high! Imagine he is this great already.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The fumble along the sideline was a bad play and we were very lucky not to turn the ball over.

The INT was beyond horrible.

Missed a wide open Zay Jones for an easy TD.

Made some nice throws; made some tough runs.

A mix of good, great, bad, and really bad.  As usual.

And yet a win! man is he gonna be good when he corrects all those screwups

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 QB hits, & he only took one sack.  Buffalo had 3 qb hits & 2 sacks.

Sorry o-line didn't do a great job of protecting and Josh made some great throws on the run.  He extended plays, great runs and yep a terrible pick....

The pass to Knox was a great read and yes an extra 15 yards.....  But otherwise it was all Allen.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

more than one stupid play but he is the man and still learning. Needs to make decisions faster on passing and running. Also locked onto Beasley sometimes , forgot about Knox, which could have been Dabol who also needs to run more.

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm going to assume you are listening to WGR.  Turn off that low info garbage.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1