Bills weakness is becoming a trend in QTRs 2nd & 3rd

Reed83HOF

I'm not sure if it is what Josh is seeing and his ability to process the defense once they start making changes, especially after the half, or if it is us being conservative with the playcalling. I kinda feel like it is both, but for 3 straight weeks we have had our asses handed to us in the 3rd. This happening once is one thing, but it has been 3 straight games and it is a trend...

• Like (+1) 6

Not disagreeing but let's be real here.

The young buck QBs should not be "dominating."  This is still the NFL and defenses adjust.  

Look at Lamarr today.  Good thing he has elite WR skills bc he struggled.  Baker has been bad.  Sam struggled in week 1.  

Josh is right where he needs to be.  Which is in contrast to the 90 percent of pundits that thought he would never be good.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The young buck QBs should not be "dominating."  This is still the NFL and defenses adjust.  

Look at Lamarr today.  Good thing he has elite WR skills bc he struggled.  Baker has been bad.  Sam struggled in week 1.  

Josh is right where he needs to be.  Which is in contrast to the 90 percent of pundits that thought he would never be good.  

Good post! 100% correct, the key thing is to survive and win and Josh did that today.

• Like (+1) 1

agreed... People seem to forget that even QB's like Brady and Big Ben relied HEAVILY on the run game and defense for their first couple of years

• Like (+1) 1

The scripted 15 or so plays to start the game have been great so far.    After that, Josh's ability to read the D is still a work in progress.   

He's getting better but there were about 5-7 plays in the second hafl that he left out on the field.   Still, like Brett Farve, it may not be pretty but the kid's got a real ability to rise to the occasion, especially since coming back from injury last year...

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just because he is young doesn't give him a pass; and, I do understand and agree with you...

As a team we have to row here and fix it, so does he...

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm not sure if it is what Josh is seeing and his ability to process the defense once they start making changes, especially after the half, or if it is us being conservative with the playcalling. I kinda feel like it is both, but for 3 straight weeks we have had our asses handed to us in the 3rd. This happening once is one thing, but it has been 3 straight games and it is a trend...

There are 2 goals:  Keep developing Allen and win.  They do not need to be mutually exclusive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Think its been a combination of play calling and execution  Seems like things get sloppy when they have a lead.  That seems to where the penalties and turnovers creep in.. 

This is my read too.  It feels like we out-think ourselves after halftime with regard to play-calling, and also the players don't execute the plays that are called.  

Regardless, all three third quarters have been disasters.  Whatever the problem is, they've got to get this sorted out.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just because he is young doesn't give him a pass; and, I do understand and agree with you...

As a team we have to row here and fix it, so does he...

I was glad to see Daboll chewing him out after the stupid INT.  There is a place to pat a guy on the back (or the um...whatever McD was doing there with Knox) and a place to ream a guy out. 

That was the time and place to chew him out.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was glad to see Daboll chewing him out after the stupid INT.  There is a place to pat a guy on the back (or the um...whatever McD was doing there with Knox) and a place to ream a guy out. 

That was the time and place to chew him out.  

Led to 7 points

16 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Did anyone just see Deshaun Watson's bonehead backward pass a few min ago?  It happens.

Yup! 

But it I think it’s fair to discuss. It can be possible to see a potential weakness and not think it’s end of the world. 

It it might be a case of him struggling after the “scripted” plays and into the initial adjustments after halftime before getting to the “just make plays” of the 4th quarter. Whether that’s true, I have no idea but it doesn’t seem crazy that he’s a little tight when it’s in that middle ground. Could be purely coincidental.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Giants game, it definitely seemed our offense was just sitting on the lead.  I wouldn't say that was the case in the Jets game (we were down 16-0).  Today just seemed like a repeat of the Jets game with mistakes piling up and finally biting us.  We don't seem to have a problem moving the ball, as much as we've got troubles with turnovers, penalties, missed blocks and drops.

Offenses tend to take on the identity of the Quarterback, and right now the the Bills are just sloppy.  The potential is there to be a very dangerous offense.  But Josh Allen needs to find the balance between making BIG PLAYS and protecting the ball.  The interception easily could have cost us today's game... as could the fumble before halftime.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Did anyone just see Deshaun Watson's bonehead backward pass a few min ago?  It happens.

I was watching the Ravens-Chiefs game on another screen.

Both Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson were CONSTANTLY throwing up ridiculous jump-balls.

Regardless, we are seeing to much of it from Josh Allen.

38 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

they need to run more but Allen definitely had some execution errors but hes a gamer and knows how to rally.

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

I was watching the Ravens-Chiefs game on another screen.

Both Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson were CONSTANTLY throwing up ridiculous jump-balls.

Regardless, we are seeing to much of it from Josh Allen.

More picks for us.