Bills (3-0) vs Bengals (0-3) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I don’t think Gore can carry the ball that much. 

What puzzles me is why they think Yeldon is better than marcus Murphy. 

I think Gore is playing through an ankle sprain.  He was hobbling quite a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Wow! It was nervous at the end. But anyway we won. I like Allen's reselience. I think we have a good future with QB which is not choking in 4th quarter even after his mistakes.

Yes I agree. How many times in the past did we lose a game like this?

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Eventually meaning that there is a hole in the roster. It's shown all 3 weeks, today, obviously, for the entire game.  It is a need and not a little one.  Beane and McDermott's willingness to go with Singletary and Gore minus McCoy created a void.

Talk through over and around it all you want. They didn't need the cap $ and McCoy, reportedly, is the one who convinced Gore to sign here.  Don't you suppose that McCoy would have considered that his role would automatically be reduced because of that?

You don't cut talent to keep lesser talent. Nobody can argue that is exactly what happened in this instance.

If McCoy were on the team we would not have seen Singletary half as much as we have, and would not know how good he could be. McCoy would take a lot of the snaps that now go to Singletary. 

Plus, McCoy would not have liked giving up snaps to Singletary, if it meant him sitting on the bench. The dynamics of this situation, not cap space, is what led to the Bills letting him go.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. K said:

If McCoy were on the team we would not have seen Singletary half as much as we have, and would not know how good he could be. McCoy would take a lot of the snaps that now go to Singletary. 

Plus, McCoy would not have liked giving up snaps to Singletary, if it meant him sitting on the bench. The dynamics of this situation, not cap space, is what led to the Bills letting him go.  

So you're saying that Singletary might be healthy at this point? I'll go for that, great idea.

Dynamics led the team to cut talent and keep less talent. Brilliant strategy. 

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3rd QTR we did. 

Exactly.  What does McDermott tell his staff and the team during halftime:  "Alright guys, we have a lead...nurse it an run the clock out" ?

Good luck with that strategy next week.  NE** will put up 28 in the 3rd quarter, alone.

It takes all good teams time to learn how to win. We're doing that now. All that matters is the number in the W column!

That said, hopefully we've learned a thing or two these past three weeks, because we need a dominant performance next week to even have a chance to be in the game in the 4th. School is out. Time to show us what they've learned.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

So you're saying that Singletary might be healthy at this point? I'll go for that, great idea.

Dynamics led the team to cut talent and keep less talent. Brilliant strategy. 

It's interesting that Gore, Yeldon, and Singletary are all north-south runners, where Shady is more east-west/improvise.  Shady's style probably doesn't work as well with what the OLine wants to do in their run blocking scheme.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I think there is a one missing there. This is not a good football team. 

It wasn't great. The Bills aren't good and will get smoked next week. 

They shouldn't have been down in the first place. The Bills aren't good. 

Poor baby ?, tissue?

Go Bills!!!

We got 3! ?@Micah_Hyde | #GoBills

And THAT is all that counts! ?There are only 16. Keep winning the ones you should, by whatever manner and you’re Playoff bound! These first 3 Ws were definitely the ones I posted a month ago, on the way to a 10-6 season. Having seen the entire NFL thus far, more not less, is possible.

THAT was a game changing, horrendous Pass by Allen. He needs to change that crap pronto, when being chased down. Better, he needs to read those plays early, to roll out free- prior to being chased and sling one of those great passes to Brown, Beasley or Knox that we saw earlier and at the closing.

Make NO mistake about it, though. 90% of this millennium that was a soul crushing snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory. I’m normally contrarian here, but I see a young QB who is getting better, 3 count em... 3 real live Receivers NOT from the 2018 Sunday Beer League, interesting vet & rookie RBs and an entire stout D.

Yes, I have Week 4 pegged as an L... but shock me, for once! 

I will be in travel mode during the game and won’t see anything until Q4. 

12th. Man! THIS is your week to shine. Make sure #12 can’t hear ONE play call!

GO BILLS! ? 

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

im not so sure it is.

Dallas and maybe baltimore are the only REALLY tough looking games outside of the pats.

And yet 3 games that didn’t look so tough were pretty close late , where a play or two here and there could have lead to different outcomes.  Can’t assume anything in the NFL. I’m not predicting it, but 7-10 wins IS realistic for this team.

They handled business.  Mistakes previous Buffalo teams couldn't overcome Allen has lead them to do it.  Game on the line.  Need a Touchdown.  Allen has done it 2 out of 3 weeks.  Now Buffalo cant put themselves in those situations often, but having a Qb win games they shouldn't is promising.  

Cleaning up the mistakes is a must.  I will sit here and say if Buffalo avoids TO they can beat anyone.  Even NE.  

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

im not so sure it is.

Dallas and maybe baltimore are the only REALLY tough looking games outside of the pats.

Eagles aren't a pushover and Browns might get it together. You never know how things will look at that point. Dallas didn't look great for most of the game today. 

28 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And yet 3 games that didn’t look so tough were pretty close late , where a play or two here and there could have lead to different outcomes.  Can’t assume anything in the NFL. I’m not predicting it, but 7-10 wins IS realistic for this team.

All one has to do is look at the scores any given week.  Blowouts are rare in the NFL.  

I think any objective person would say we looked like the better team each week this year.  Jets/Bengals went down to the wire because of 5-10 more mistakes than the opposition.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

All one has to do is look at the scores any given week.  Blowouts are rare in the NFL.  

I think any objective person would say we looked like the better team each week this year.  Jets/Bengals went down to the wire because of 5-10 more mistakes than the opposition.  

You make a good point. Somewhere lost in the spectrum of we're going to beat NE 56-3 to we're 3-0 against a combined 1-8 teams is the fact that the Bills have looked like the better team all three games and that it indicative of their playing ability.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Gore, cannot at his age, be that guy any longer, IMO.  That is a big miss for this team right now.  Gore did well today but I don't think we can expect him to do more. Singletary is an unknown at this level.  Can he carry a team?

I sure hope so.

That's why it was stupid to cut Murphy and keep guys like Dimarco....every team in todays NFL strives to rotate rbs. Thats why you should have 4 capable ones.  Not 3 + a worthless FB?

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It is those mistakes that are cause for concern. While blowouts are not the norm, good teams don’t make a lot of mistakes. Making less mistakes is a marker of a good team, as the talent level between most teams isn’t that different. The Bills need turnover free football and practically error free execution to stay with NE for 4 quarters. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It is those mistakes that are cause for concern. While blowouts are not the norm, good teams don’t make a lot of mistakes. Making less mistakes is a marker of a good team, as the talent level between most teams isn’t that different. The Bills need turnover free football and practically error free execution to stay with NE for 4 quarters. 

Probably.  I certainly think anyone beating NE in Week 4 is a tall task, especially a team like us that “should” be much better later in the year with all our youth and new players.  

I do agree the mistakes need to chill. 

That being said, we all talk about our schedule...  The Pats have played 3 teams with a combined worse record than the teams we beat.... and the teams we’ve beat have only won 1 game. 

Edited by SCBills