Bills (3-0) vs Bengals (0-3) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

Schedule means nothing. I can't tell you how much I loathe the season predictions based on the schedule. You know what I can guarantee, the Bills will lose to one of these so called 'cream puffs' on the upcoming schedule. They will lose at least one if not several games that the so called experts think they should win. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Any chance they might beat a team the so called experts think they should lose?

20 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Knox was lucky not to have had a face mask penalty called.

No grabbing motion made it an easy non call. You are allowed to straight arm a guy in the face mask just as long as you don’t grab it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

OMG I hate how this team goes into a shell when playing with the lead. Can we just stop getting cute and stop going into a shell. 

also what the heck is going on after halftime. Three weeks this team looks like trash after half. 

glad for the win but damn it should have never been close. 

You think we looked like trash in the 2nd half of the Jersey Jets game?

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I think there is a one missing there. This is not a good football team. 

It wasn't great. The Bills aren't good and will get smoked next week. 

They shouldn't have been down in the first place. The Bills aren't good. 

We just won and are 3-0, and you have to be like this? Go back to Sabrespace, man. Your shtick works there.

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Any update on his condition?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

they do. The play calling with a lead is atrocious three games in a three games of trash 3QTRs. That is a trend that cannot be ignored. 

Is it just me, or are they pass-happy in the 1st half building up points and runs mainly go up-the-gut then in the 2nd half, when they have Singletary, they start mixing up run plays with those beautifully blocked off-tackle and outside runs?  It's a brilliant plan if you can execute it THE ENTIRE GAME, which they are clearly not able to do yet.  It's kinda sorta keeping it on the pedal, if they can execute.  Get the opposing defense on it's heals with the passing game first, the demoralize then and break their spirit with a  dynamic run game to close it out.  We saw what it can do in the 2nd half of the Jets game. 

I don't know.  Maybe just wishful thinking.  I do feel like getting in a bunch of passing out of the gate is at least building experience for Allen much more rapidly than establishing the run game first which works but is also pretty boring unless they're breaking off 30 yard runs all day. 

Definitely stinking up the join BIG TIME in 3rd quarters so far.  You have to think it's due in some part to defenses making half-time adjustments.  Again, maybe wishful thinking.  Something is definitely not working after the half and it sucks the life out of games that should be high scoring. 

Edited by Distorted One

10 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

We just won and are 3-0, and you have to be like this? Go back to Sabrespace, man. Your shtick works there.

Any update on his condition?

This game is like "what color dress?" Everyone sees something different.

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

What is going on with the offense in the 2nd half of games this year? Are we not able to adjust to what the defenses are doing? We won't have a chance with the Patriots if this isn't corrected. 

Well, it hasn’t been playcalling imo. They’ve simply had poor execution and definitely issues with pass protection. Bottom line, this team isn’t a finished product. They truly don’t have a consistent , reliable running game to lean on and the passing game needs another weapon. Allen has been trying to force things in each game thus far, and it has cost them with turnovers and stalled drives. This looks like a team that could win 7 games or could in ten if things fall their way. They still have a lotto work on. Lost in all this is that special teams still seems shaky as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Well, it hasn’t been playcalling imo. They’ve simply had poor execution and definitely issues with pass protection. Bottom line, this team isn’t a finished product. They truly don’t have a consistent , reliable running game to lean on and the passing game needs another weapon. Allen has been trying to force things in each game thus far, and it has cost them with turnovers and stalled drives. This looks like a team that could win 7 games or could in ten if things fall their way. They still have a lotto work on. Lost in all this is that special teams still seems shaky as well. 

It's when the offensive line gets blown up. Happening a lot.