Bills (3-0) vs Bengals (0-3) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still like them for 10 wins too. But man the offensive execution HAS to improve. And they need Singletary back. Or Murphy back. Or a bag of cement. Or anyone that is not TJ Yeldon. 

I get the feeling that you aren't a big fan of Yeldon.

Just a feeling like.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still like them for 10 wins too. But man the offensive execution HAS to improve. And they need Singletary back. Or Murphy back. Or a bag of cement. Or anyone that is not TJ Yeldon. 

Wonder if yeldon is shown the door this week. Murphy was fairly decent. Ran with a purpose and was quick. For everything yeldon offers in the pass game, he’s very mediocre on the ground so far and fumbles have been an issue. We lack the shifty/speed guy with Motor out. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know a lot of people will look at how the Bills let the Bengals back in it and almost lost.  But... let's focus on the reality of the current Bills team.  They are winning.  

This was the classic Bills' game that for 2 decades they would lose.  I fully expected them score a FG. Tie the game then give up the long game-winning FG as time expired.  Then we'd all be talking about the moral victory. How they played hard.  How they're still 2-1.  How they're makin progress.  But instead... we're talking about how the Bills pulled out a win.  How they found a way to win when the game was lost.   

Bottom line when they're showing the "in the hunt" graphic in December.  No one will put an asterisk on the Bills for this game.  It's a win.  They fought.  They played their best when they needed it the most.  They got the win.    What a fun season so far!  

Go Bills!!    

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Watched the game with my Pats* bride and actually thought they were going to lose the game.  The play calling was absolutely inexcusable.  The boys should have been up by at least 21 at the end of the first half and buried the Bengals early in the 3rd quarter.  Having to hold on for a last minute victory is very concerning.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I know a lot of people will look at how the Bills let the Bengals back in it and almost lost.  But... let's focus on the reality of the current Bills team.  They are winning.  

This was the classic Bills' game that for 2 decades they would lose.  I fully expected them score a FG. Tie the game then give up the long game-winning FG as time expired.  Then we'd all be talking about the moral victory. How they played hard.  How they're still 2-1.  How they're makin progress.  But instead... we're talking about how the Bills pulled out a win.  How they found a way to win when the game was lost.   

Bottom line when they're showing the "in the hunt" graphic in December.  No one will put an asterisk on the Bills for this game.  It's a win.  They fought.  They played their best when they needed it the most.  They got the win.    What a fun season so far!  

Go Bills!!    

@ Dan - well said my friend.  Time to move on to the Pats*

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Wonder if yeldon is shown the door this week. Murphy was fairly decent. Ran with a purpose and was quick. For everything yeldon offers in the pass game, he’s very mediocre on the ground so far and fumbles have been an issue. We lack the shifty/speed guy with Motor out. 

I think all three of our TEs (yes, including Lee) give us the same type of receiving threat. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

At the very least hey should take the #22 Jersey off his back.   He has not earned it in any way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

OMG I hate how this team goes into a shell when playing with the lead. Can we just stop getting cute and stop going into a shell. 

also what the heck is going on after halftime. Three weeks this team looks like trash after half. 

glad for the win but damn it should have never been close. 

I agree, but I also think this is something that takes experience to figure out. You’ve got to have leads to learn to play with them. Considering the overall trajectory of this team, I expect them to figure it out.

14 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I think all three of our TEs (yes, including Lee) give us the same type of receiving threat. 

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Schedule means nothing. I can't tell you how much I loathe the season predictions based on the schedule. You know what I can guarantee, the Bills will lose to one of these so called 'cream puffs' on the upcoming schedule. They will lose at least one if not several games that the so called experts think they should win. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

I'm programmed to think that way because its what has happened in recent history but I wanna believe this team will overcome that type of result with their team first, every man wants to make a play mentality they have right now. 

I think it's worth noting how well the Bills have been playing in terms of penalties. I forget what the stat was, but there have been a lot more holding penalties, league wide, in the first few weeks of the season, as a result of a decided emphasis (supported by owners) on holding calls. And, for once, the Bills have not been shooting themselves in the feet with stupid penalties. This team looks disciplined.