Bills (3-0) vs Bengals (0-3) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/33607/bills-fans-treated-to-more-allen-heroics-in-home-opening-victory

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- How's that for a home opener?

Fans packed New Era field on Sunday as the Buffalo Bills held off a late Cincinnati rally, beating the Bengals 21-17 for their first 3-0 start to a season since 2011.

After building a two-score lead in the first half, the Bills temporarily lost control of the game in the second half.

But once again, late-game heroics from quarterback Josh Allen prevailed -

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

I disagree anonymous.. They are a very good team and they will get better with time. As for next week, any given Sunday.

Yes, a young team and a young QB. Fortunately the first half the schedule helps. Will be interesting to see how they are down the stretch.

Good teams beat poor teams and the Bills are a good team.  May not be a great team yet but in upper 3rd of the league.  

Josh had a good game overall.  Did have a couple big mistakes but some big plays too, thats probably how he's going to play this year.  Also 2-3 drops that were good throws.  Just needs to keep getting better each week. 

The 2nd half play calling got to conservative at times and then the O line seemed to have more breakdowns too.    

• Like (+1) 2

We are 3-0.  THREE and OHHH. 

I'm happy.  At times during the game I was very frustrated, thinking we could have piled up more points.  But we won a game we should have won at home.  We came from behind again.  We overcame some injuries along the way.

Not perfect but the it's the NFL and the Bengals have a pretty talented team. 

It is another happy Sunday night and Monday morning "football talk" at work. 

14 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

3-1 heading into TN (I’m going to that one) will still be fun. 

enjoy the wins, man. 

I mean I do . I just can't handle the over the top unrealistic views. People are going to be let down, severely. That was my life from 90-now.  Get used to it. 

Just now, inkman said:

I mean I do . I just can't handle the over the top unrealistic views. People are going to be let down, severely. That was my life from 90-now.  Get used to it. 

I don't think anyone's picking them to win this coming week, don't worry.

But I'm looking pretty good on my 10-6 call.

Take a look at the schedule.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Schedule means nothing. I can't tell you how much I loathe the season predictions based on the schedule. You know what I can guarantee, the Bills will lose to one of these so called 'cream puffs' on the upcoming schedule. They will lose at least one if not several games that the so called experts think they should win. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Just now, inkman said:

Schedule means nothing. I can't tell you how much I loathe the season predictions based on the schedule. You know what I can guarantee, the Bills will lose to one of these so called 'cream puffs' on the upcoming schedule. They will lose at least one if not several games that the so called experts think they should win. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

And they'll likely win one they shouldn't.

Me,.A

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I still like them for 10 wins too. But man the offensive execution HAS to improve. And they need Singletary back. Or Murphy back. Or a bag of cement. Or anyone that is not TJ Yeldon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1