Next week: Bills 56, Patriots 3!

I'm still not convinced that NE is all that. I kept an eye on that game today - the Jets offered no resistance (I guess that will happen when you're trotting out a 3rd string QB on the road).

Their D actually had some success stopping Brady.  We should give them a good fight at home.

The Bills offense has been WAY too sloppy through three games, regardless of the team's record.

Turnovers, Penalties, Drops

Right now, the Patriots defense is playing historically good.

If we are going to have a chance, we absolutely cannot leave points on the field.

Based on how McDermott's defense has generally performed against Brady, our offense will probably need to put up 20-25 just to make this a game.

11 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

No way we get to 50. Pats D is solid. We must be better. I think the Bills need to score 30+ to win. I think we can hold the Patsies in the 23-30 range.

Solid?  Has their defense given up an offensive TD yet this season?

The Jets two scores came on a fumbled punt and an INT return.

It's been against bad teams, but NE's D is insane...those numbers, no matter who they played,  are impressive.....when's the last time a D hasn't given up a TD after 3 games ?...4 games if you include the SB.....having said all that, I'm going to fully enjoy being unbeaten this week and worry about NE next Weekend.....we are 3 and 0 !!!....Let's basque in it a little !!

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 1

If the Giants lose, and they currently are,  that would make the combined record of the Bills opponents 0-9 I believe.  I'd hold on the superbowl reservations :)  But they are beating the bottom feeders (albeit struggling) instead of being a bottom feeder which is very pleasant.  The Pats game should show where they really are as a team.  

If we win it will be low scoring, like 9 to 12 or something ridiculous like that.

But I'm not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Thru 3 games 

Ppg 5.7 1st

Rush yards pg 36.7 1st

Pass yards pg 162.3 1st

Yards per game 199 1st

Passer rating allowed 42.8 1st

Actual points allowed by the defense 3

Or 1 per game.

3rd Downs 5 of 39

4th downs 3 of 8

And all against crap teams ;)

• Like (+1) 1

I think we have the ability to beat them, but we absolutely CANNOT do what we did today.

i.e. Have intentional grounding penalty push us out of points. Fumble in field goal range. Play hero ball and gift the other team seven points.

this team is good enough to beat the Patriots, but not if we commit even ONE of those mistakes we did today. We will have to play perfect, mistake-free football. 

But it I promise you, if we eliminate mistakes, this team is good enough to beat them.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1