Bills 21, Bengals 17 Game Balls!!!

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Tre White, Hyde, Gore

Allen gets another 4th quarter comeback, but hero ball INT and questionable play calling and game plan made it happen. 

Wasn't really hero ball. I honestly believe he had no intention to try to complete that pass. That's why it was a low throw. Believe he was trying to throw at Cole Beasley's feet to try and correct his intentional grounding mistake.

But when he threw off his back foot the ball floated a little to much and was able to be picked off.

I do take some good from it tho. Yes he made a mistake but it also shows he tried to correct a previous mistake.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Allen obviously made one horrible mistake but he had a good game. His escapability is underrated. The OL did not do a good job of pass blocking. He did it when he needed to. Every TD of the whole season has been 70+ yards I think. Eight of them. 

Then I don't know what the problem was. You want the wind in the fourth quarter if you are up, imo. 

He had an OK game. I can't call 23/36 for 243 yds with 1 TD, 1 INT a "good game" in today's NFL. But, he did come through when it counted.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

He had an OK game. I can't call 23/36 for 243 yds with 1 TD, 1 INT a "good game" in today's NFL. But, he did come through when it counted.

Because stats are not the story. Eluding the rush, running the ball, were as important as his passing. The pass blocking was pretty awful. But the plays he makes when other guys are sacked don't show up in the stat. We had 3rd and 17 and he picks it up. 1st and 20 and his athleticism helps get the first. Then when we needed him he came up big and we got a TD drive. That's good. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Wasn't really hero ball. I honestly believe he had no intention to try to complete that pass. That's why it was a low throw. Believe he was trying to throw at Cole Beasley's feet to try and correct his intentional grounding mistake.

But when he threw off his back foot the ball floated a little to much and was able to be picked off.

I do take some good from it tho. Yes he made a mistake but it also shows he tried to correct a previous mistake.

Intentional grounding + loss of down < INT

I like that he's trying to make up for previous mistakes, but don't make worse mistakes as a result.

Hell, take a sack there. Just don't give it away.

FTR, I've never been an Allen "hater", just call what I see.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Because stats are not the story. Eluding the rush, running the ball, were as important as his passing. The pass blocking was pretty awful. But the plays he makes when other guys are sacked don't show up in the stat. We had 3rd and 17 and he picks it up. 1st and 20 and his athleticism helps get the first. Then when we needed him he came up big and we got a TD drive. That's good. 

Correct. If you do not include the running of the ball you are basically saying QBs who do not make effort have same value as those who do.

56 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The Zebras were just making up for next week.

I do not agree. I do not think they have a profit sharing agreement to split bribes.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

If it weren't for all the plays in between & after, I might agree.

But what I saw was someone who was rattled. He couldn't complete a pass to save his life for a long stretch, and he completely stopped progressing through his reads. He would lock onto one WR from snap to release, worried to even look away from his primary target. If his #1 option wasn't there, he'd get happy feet & start running around, and it lead to an almost entirely dead half for the offense.

I'm sure he didn't want another intentional grounding call, but sometimes you just have to take the sack when you're beat. Keeping a play alive is one thing, but when you're already going down, don't try to float a pass just to avoid hitting the dirt with ball in hand.

Fortunately, I think that part can be coached out of him. Seriously, I think this is one area that he can greatly improve & actually expect him to.

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He had some great plays. Enough to win. But for a big part of the game it dropped off significantly.

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That offense is gonna get theirs. Josh gave them the momentum and the ball at the Bills ~30 yard line.

I was talking about the 2 drives (where they scored 10 points) after they scored their 1st TD.   The Bills defense was lacklusture during those two series.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I was talking about the 2 drives (where they scored 10 points) after they scored their 1st TD.   The Bills defense was lacklusture during those two series.

Yeah I know....momentum....it was theirs....

and the Bills' offense in between those drives?

Josh put them in a hole and had to get them out again. 

10 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Gore deserves a gameball too.  6 YPC on 1 leg and a TD at age 36

When the Bills first signed Gore, it seemed it was for team leadership and some short yardage carries.  The cutting of McCoy and now with the Singletary injury he’s getting more work and he’s coming through with very good production. He’s a very important part of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah I know....momentum....it was theirs....

and the Bills' offense in between those drives?

Josh put them in a hole and had to get them out again. 

As the Giants did the week prior to slow the Bills, so did the Bengals as they went to a 5 and 6 man rush in the 2nd half. This forced Allen to often look for his hot read and they were bracketing Beasley pretty well.

It is all part of forcing Allen to have to make quick decisions with the ball. There will be some good game film for Allen to study from this week to see what teams are doing to confuse him, and how he needs to counter that.