Rams vs Chargers stadium issue

YoloinOhio

On 9/22/2019 at 8:07 AM, ALF said:

Chargers could have moved to San Antonio .  The  Alamodome is a 64,000-seat multi-purpose stadium . They should have never left San Diego .

Salt Lake City would be a good NFL city, too.

Gonna be 3 teams in the mountain west region now with Las Vegas joining.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ALF said:

Longtime L.A. sportscaster Fred Roggin says Kroenke was anticipating the Chargers would generate close to $400 million from the sale of Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs). Instead, the real figure is turning out to be tens or even hundreds of millions short of the target, and Kroenke is the one responsible for making up the difference.

Costs for the Inglewood Stadium, which will be called SoFi Stadium after a sponsorship deal was announced earlier this month, are skyrocketing to almost $5 billion.

The facility was initially expected to cost $1.9 billion. Kroenke is responsible for everything but the money the Chargers generate in PSL sales and a $200 million NFL G-6 loan. The Chargers, though, get to keep all their gameday revenues when they play in the new building.

https://www.10news.com/sports/sports-news/report-stadium-tension-rising-between-rams-and-chargers-owners

how are they 3 billion over budget?  i could understand a few hundred million or a billion but over 3 billion?  someone left something out of the plan.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How could anyone say LA doesn’t deserve 2 football teams? :lol:

The more things change, the more they stay the same. TV ratings for the Rams and Raiders in the local LA market have always lagged.  Back in the day, the Rams and Raiders often placed third in their Sunday afternoon time slots behind Sunday matinee movies and reruns of Gilligan’s Island. And that is anathema to the local affiliates and one of the main reasons why the sheer size of LA’s TV market was never a factor in the league placing a team there. 

On 9/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, Chill said:

You’ve never been to Cali, have you?  

I've lived in California my whole life. @clayboy54 is being a bit general in his description, but he's pretty much got it right.

What is happening in the big metropolitan cities of this state is a disgrace, not to mention disgusting.

In Los Angeles there are reports of The Plague breaking out from the tent cities. The Plague, for crying out loud!

San Francisco is no better. In fact there are areas of San Francisco you should avoid.

And the city and state officials will do NOTHING about it. That is the sad truth.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:37 AM, iinii said:

That is because Silicon Valley only cares about themselves.

Harsh, but true. The elitists are very powerful here, and they only care about themselves.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ALF said:

Longtime L.A. sportscaster Fred Roggin says Kroenke was anticipating the Chargers would generate close to $400 million from the sale of Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs). Instead, the real figure is turning out to be tens or even hundreds of millions short of the target, and Kroenke is the one responsible for making up the difference.

Costs for the Inglewood Stadium, which will be called SoFi Stadium after a sponsorship deal was announced earlier this month, are skyrocketing to almost $5 billion.

The facility was initially expected to cost $1.9 billion. Kroenke is responsible for everything but the money the Chargers generate in PSL sales and a $200 million NFL G-6 loan. The Chargers, though, get to keep all their gameday revenues when they play in the new building.

https://www.10news.com/sports/sports-news/report-stadium-tension-rising-between-rams-and-chargers-owners

That is so sad......

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Salt Lake City would be a good NFL city, too.

Gonna be 3 teams in the mountain west region now with Las Vegas joining.

Do mormons like football? Real question... I've known some, but that's never come up... 

44 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I've lived in California my whole life. @clayboy54 is being a bit general in his description, but he's pretty much got it right.

What is happening in the big metropolitan cities of this state is a disgrace, not to mention disgusting.

In Los Angeles there are reports of The Plague breaking out from the tent cities. The Plague, for crying out loud!

San Francisco is no better. In fact there are areas of San Francisco you should avoid.

And the city and state officials will do NOTHING about it. That is the sad truth.

Harsh, but true. The elitists are very powerful here, and they only care about themselves.

Are there are parts of SF that shouldn't be avoided?... 

I was watching Monk the other day and realizing how beautiful that city is and now all the reports are that it's pretty rough all around.. 

Edited by whatdrought

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Do mormons like football? Real question... I've known some, but that's never come up...  

I live in Utah. People here are way into college football. Big rivalry between BYU and Utah.

I doubt an NFL team would work here because they play on Sunday, though. But maybe it would. Salt Lake County is only like 50% Mormon, and probably way less in Salt Lake City itself.

You've got a lot of 49ers fans here because of Steve Young. You've also got Broncos fans because they are the closest team.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I live in Utah. People here are way into college football. Big rivalry between BYU and Utah.

I doubt an NFL team would work here because they play on Sunday, though. But maybe it would. Salt Lake County is only like 50% Mormon, and probably way less in Salt Lake City itself.

You've got a lot of 49ers fans here because of Steve Young. You've also got Broncos fans because they are the closest team.

Interesting. Thanks. 

That's such a beautiful part of the country. 

Chargers should stay in their current stadium or move out of CA.

It's hard to fill that many seats in California, even in a shared stadium.  The "cozy" NFL stadium of 30K or less seats is the future.  

I like San Antonio for a relocation.  It attracts the Mexican football fan without having to put a franchise there which IMO would be an unmitigated disaster for the NFL. 

However, the Alamodome is terrible for everything.  They'd need a new place.  

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

I went to visit my friend who moved out to Orange County last year.  He bought a 3 bedroom townhouse  paid $560M for it.  I have been to NYC many times & they have nothing on the traffic in SoCal.  Ridiculous.  No matter what time of day you went out there were traffic jams both ways.  We went to Santa Monica Pier one day, I think from his map quest it stated it was 28 miles away.  It took us over 2 hours to get home.  Visited Hollywood one day.  There were some really shady parts there.  Homeless people line up all the way down a few streets in tents.  I never seen anything like it.  Huntington Beach was awesome(I wouldn't mind living there) but for the most part the area was dirty & not impressive.  California is a sh*thole imo with natural disasters looming over the people's head all year round(mudslides, earthquakes, forest fires etc....) .   The ocean looked dirty & cold(I would never let my kids swim in there.)  People from California think it is the greatest place in the world because they have the nicest weather in the country.  But if you take the weather factor out of it, it really is a lousy place to live.  

You're right I've lived here my whole life 60 years, and other than the weather there's a lot of dirty places in LA. The traffic is unbearable. 

19 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

California is not broke. Some people too easily believe the broken record mouthpieces that pollute the media...

https://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2018/dec/18/jerry-brown/does-california-have-budget-surplus-nearly-30-bill/

True, California is not broke. One of the problems with California is that it is such a high tax state.

The burden on middle class families and others is that they take the brunt of the taxes, It is very difficult to maintain an earnest living here.

Yet despite all of the taxes in this state, we still have so many people that are homeless, we have a lot of freeways, expressways, and local roads that are poorly kept up

The education success rate is one of the worst in the country.

The cost of living in the big cities is next to impossible for working class people.

People want to live in big cities or surrounding areas but it takes a lot of money to do that.

There are places that are affordable in California, but nobody wants to live in Fresno, or Bakersfield, or Gilroy, or King City, or Gonzales, or Wasco, or Buttonwillow, or Shafter, or Death Valley, or Oroville, or Red Bluff, or Redding. There's nothing to do there.

Even the up-and-coming areas like Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo & Atascadero have become more expemsive.

California is beautiful, but it has changed drastically over the years, and not for the better.

8 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Thanks, Donald. So, you only watch Fox?

Very funny. Go to the tent cities in Los Angels, San Francisco, Anaheim, or San Diego and tell us all how it's all an illusion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Are there are parts of SF that shouldn't be avoided?... 

I was watching Monk the other day and realizing how beautiful that city is and now all the reports are that it's pretty rough all around.. 

It's been awhile since I've been to San Francisco, but if you go to the tourist areas you should be ok. Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, the baseball field where the Giants play, the Nob Hill district. They are all still very nice.

It's unfortunate because there was a time when all of San Francisco was great to visit.

I have a girlfriend who loves Broadway musicals & plays and she sees many shows in both New York City & San Francisco. She described it best when she told me that she feels safer in New York City at 12:00 midnight than she does in San Francisco at 12:00 noon.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

It's been awhile since I've been to San Francisco, but if you go to the tourist areas you should be ok. Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, the baseball field where the Giants play, the Nob Hill district. They are all still very nice.

It's unfortunate because there was a time when all of San Francisco was great to visit.

I have a girlfriend who loves Broadway musicals & plays and she sees many shows in both New York City & San Francisco. She described it best when she told me that she feels safer in New York City at 12:00 midnight than she does in San Francisco at 12:00 noon.

Oof. That is damning. 

• Sad 1