Rams vs Chargers stadium issue

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

Chargers could have moved to San Antonio .  The  Alamodome is a 64,000-seat multi-purpose stadium . They should have never left San Diego .

It’s the owner’s fault for not providing enough money toward a stadium in SD. The nfl wouldn’t let them keep playing at Qualcomm which is a pit. He had the option to stay but wanted too much from the taxpayers. State of California is broke so that wasn’t happening. They absolutely should have stayed. He couldn’t resist this great deal of being a cheap tenant in Kronke’s palace. But they can’t sell their share of PSLs which are like 4x less than the rams PSLs. 

• Like (+1) 1

After 2018, the Chargers are to begin paying installments on a $650 million relocation fee – for the right to move to Los Angeles from San Diego.

That could have built a decent outdoor stadium in San Diego.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Ever seen a game there?  It stinks.

If Spock was here, he might say “I fail to see how visual impairments of the venue would affect the olfactory experience”.  ?

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Toronto might want them ?‍♂️

I think Miami should be given first shot at them.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Toronto might want them ?‍♂️

Last I heard, Toronto is Bills' territory, literally. Another team would need to get permission from the Bills and possibly compensate the Bills. That was the whole point of the Toronto games. A lot fans hated it, but Ralph wasn't stupid (he was cheap). Ralph tied the Bills to the fourth or fifth largest tv market in North America. The entire Bills to LA  push was based on the owners wanting a team in LA, the second largest tv market. But you don't pull a team out of the 5th largest to go to the 2nd largest. Anybody that wants to move or start a franchise in Toronto has to pay us.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

What would you expect in homeless California? No way any place in CA can support a stadium initiative. They can’t even take care of their own people.

That is because Silicon Valley only cares about themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Chill said:

You’ve never been to Cali, have you?  

Many times. The past few years it has changed. Stepping over poor homeless people, filth and smell. Granted this is in cities. I really believe it is a sore example of state and local government ineptitude. It’s a real shame in an otherwise beautiful place.

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

What would you expect in homeless California? No way any place in CA can support a stadium initiative. They can’t even take care of their own people.

Out of 40 million people, something like a 100 thousand are chronically homeless, and many of them are mentally ill and/or addicted. What's the per capita in Indiana?

Just now, yungmack said:

Out of 40 million people, something like a 100 thousand are chronically homeless, and many of them are mentally ill and/or addicted. What's the per capita in Indiana?

I’m not trying to be critical of the people. Just the government ineptitude. Indiana does not have many homeless people. Too cold here. We do have a farmer problem though. LOL

53 minutes ago, ALF said:

After 2018, the Chargers are to begin paying installments on a $650 million relocation fee – for the right to move to Los Angeles from San Diego.

That could have built a decent outdoor stadium in San Diego.

Right in Chula Vista waterfront

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean Cali is huge and has beautiful parts but it definitely has a homeless problem in LA, can't deny that

And in San Francisco and San diego

• Like (+1) 1