Ford and Knox Fined

Buddo

21 minutes ago, Rico said:

I think those who supported Andy Dalton’s charity should send Knox and Ford a dime for every dollar they sent Dalton. :thumbsup:

$1.70?

ford did what he felt he had to do, protect his QB. he's likely shrugging the fine off.  knox fine seems bogus but what do expect from the nfl today?

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

2 personal foul penalties equals ejection.  Late hit on qbs are personal fouls.  Therefore 2 late hits on QBs would equal ejection if I'm reading the rule right.

No, it's 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, not personal fouls.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Didn't Anderson get a $10,000 fine for INTENTIONALLY trying to take Allen's knees out?

Yet Knox gets fined $28,000 for a very questionable call.

The people running the NFL are a sad joke.

I think they are still considering fining the entire Bills team for beating 2 large market teams and forcing the NFL to talk about then on tv.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I said this when the rule changes were made, but some of these blocks in the video NEED to be legal to protect the QB. If an OL can't block a defensive lineman who has passed the QB and is now coming at him from his back (blindside) then something is wrong with the rule. Also, blocking a guy within 5 yards of the ball carrier seems different than doing it 15 yards away from the play like Benjamin did. My biggest issue with the Knox block is that the runner was down so the block was unnecessary, but if he was on his feet then the DB can totally make the tackle. However that has no impact on the rule, which is silly.

Edited by vincec

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, Anderson was fined for hitting Allen late in the chest. He wasn't flagged or fined for the hit to the back of Allen's knees. Makes it even worse now, doesn't it?

Compared to the Knox penalty:

This Knox penalty is ridiculous!
1.  He never launches himself into his opponent.
2.  Note he never even planted his right foot - he was standing on one leg and the only player moving was the opponent.

To billsfan1959 - thanks for the clips!

Does anyone have the Ford penalty????  Because I maintain it was Feliciano who knocked down Carter who was taunting Josh.  Then after that, Feliciano picked Josh up while Cody Ford was jawing with the Jets.

Does anyone have that clip???  (I'm starting to think I'm crazy!!!  I know what I saw.)

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would like one day in the future to read that the Pegulas had been paying their players fines, for decades. Just a thought...

14 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

This Knox penalty is ridiculous!
1.  He never launches himself into his opponent.
2.  Note he never even planted his right foot - he was standing on one leg and the only player moving was the opponent.

To billsfan1959 - thanks for the clips!

Does anyone have the Ford penalty????  Because I maintain it was Feliciano who knocked down Carter who was taunting Josh.  Then after that, Feliciano picked Josh up while Cody Ford was jawing with the Jets.

Does anyone have that clip???  (I'm starting to think I'm crazy!!!  I know what I saw.)

Here is the Ford penalty. Carter gives Allen a forearm shove to the chest after he is down. Ford is the second Bill in and you can see him pointing at Carter and then levels him. I will take that penalty every time....

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Here is the Ford penalty. Carter gives Allen a forearm shove to the chest after he is down. Ford is the second Bill in and you can see him pointing at Carter and then levels him. I will take that penalty every time....

Nice flop by Carter at the end there.