Bengals forum not feeling good

foreboding

25 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Time for Yeldon to step up. Just keep the chains moving and take our shots downfield

The draft capital the Fins have is insane. If they knock this draft and the next draft oit of the park watch out. 

Just like the Raiders last year only better. They are going to have 2 top 10 picks I’d bet with both theirs and the Steelers picks. And their pick will probably be a top 3. Maybe 1st overall. 

The only thing that doesn’t scare me is their front office and coach. Well not as bad as Gase, what they have now might be gone by the end of the year. Unfortunately I hope not because of they fire Flores, they could get someone good possibly and actually draft a decent team. 

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just like the Raiders last year only better. They are going to have 2 top 10 picks I’d bet with both theirs and the Steelers picks. And their pick will probably be a top 3. Maybe 1st overall.

The only thing that doesn’t scare me is their front office and coach. Well not as bad as Gase, what they have now might be gone by the end of the year. Unfortunately I hope not because of they fire Flores, they could get someone good possibly and actually draft a decent team. 

Whaddya mean probably?  ?

6 hours ago, nrenegar said:

"Josh Allen has a losing record as a starter." - fredtoast

Never let facts get in the way of homerism.

It’s all the Skyline Chili, it gives those people brain bubbles. We here in ROC understand, the runny hot meat sauce is a topping, not an entree. 

50 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The draft capital the Fins have is insane. If they knock this draft and the next draft oit of the park watch out. 

Narrator: They won’t. 

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Time for Yeldon to step up. Just keep the chains moving and take our shots downfield

Weve knocked the last 3 out of the park it seems.  Im not worried and am also talking about this season.

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks OP! Always enjoy the opposition wallowing in misery, but will be extra special the day this is reflected in the NE boards...

Just the thought of that feels so weird to me.... like alternate reality/sci-fi sort of weird.

The idea that I could one day view the Pats message boards & see people just penciling in a loss to the Bills feels like it couldn't be real.

I know people always bring up the 70's Dolphins having our number, but we've gone almost 2 decades of getting owned by the Pats in ways that shouldn't be possible in the NFL.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Just the thought of that feels so weird to me.... like alternate reality/sci-fi sort of weird.

The idea that I could one day view the Pats message boards & see people just penciling in a loss to the Bills feels like it couldn't be real.

I know people always bring up the 70's Dolphins having our number, but we've gone almost 2 decades of getting owned by the Pats in ways that shouldn't be possible in the NFL.

Manning , Peyton went like 20-5 vs the jags

Brady a bit better record but dominance none the less

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Absolutely.  This is the nfl and writing in a w is never a sure thing.   However we will all be disappointed if they lose this game.  

I remember telling my neighbor at the flea market to watch the Bills shock the world, he thought I was crazy.  The look on his face each time I updated him on the game was priceless.  

6 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Can't recall but I'd put $5000 on it that you're right. I doubt McDermott would, but just hope they don't treat the Bengals like Minnesota treated the Bills game last year.

Who was that? I remember he bet 5k and hadnt told his wife. Just cant remember who it was.

2 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

If the Bills make mistakes they lose this game.  Keep in mind the Bengals almost beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

A point that seemingly no one is making is that Seattle has a history of starting slow. I actually picked the Bengals to win that game because of Seattle's slow starts and the fact that it was the first game of the season for a rookie head coach and Seattle wasn't sure what to expect.

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t think Andy Dalton has ever lost to the Bills

Hopefully the Bills remember that and don’t take this game lightly.  Seems like it’d be easy to be looking ahead to the Pats*.  Besides even bad teams can get pissed off about being 0-2.  Glad this one is at home. 

9 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t think Andy Dalton has ever lost to the Bills

4-1 against the bills.

link

Andy Dalton is 4-1 against the Bills in his career, with the only loss coming on November 20, 2016. He has 1,413 passing yards, 9 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in those games.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Manning , Peyton went like 20-5 vs the jags

Brady a bit better record but dominance none the less

I know you're not arguing my point, but just wanted to respond with some numbers after doing a bit of digging:

I just checked, Brady is 30-3 against the Bills (with one of those losses being the final game of the season where he only started the game, then was pulled along with the rest of the starters for the 2nd half to rest).

So he has a 91% win percentage against us, while Manning had an 80% win percentage against the Jags, and he did it for longer.

Since 2001, the Pats have put up 1,015 points against us compared to our 555 points against them. In that time frame, here are the Bills lone wins:

1) 2003: Bills win 31-0 in Buffalo to open the season

2) 2011: Bills win 34-31 in Buffalo

3) 2014: Bills win 17-9 in New England to finish the season, Pats rested many starters as they clinched playoff spot already

4) 2016: Bills win 16-0 in New England, Brady was suspended, Jimmy G was injured, Pats were starting 3rd string rookie Jacoby Brissett.

That's all our wins in 18 years. That's an unparalleled type of dominance that's probably some kind of NFL record (or at least way the hell up there). Brady's thrown for 8,248 yards, 69 TD's & 24 INT's against Buffalo alone.

He has more wins IN BUFFALO (16) than any of our own starting QB's since Jim Kelly (Tyrod Taylor is the next closest with 14). I doubt many other teams can say an opposing QB has more wins in their home stadium than any of their own QB's the past 22 years except maybe the Browns with Big Ben...and even then, by virtue of Brady almost never being injured & being around longer, I bet he still has more.

Prior to Brady, the All-Time record in the Patriots vs Bills rivalry was 39-37-1 in favor of the Bills. Since then, it has become 73-43-1 in favor of the Patriots. That's ridiculous.

TL;DR - Brady & the Pats have been SO damn dominant against the Bills, it's pretty much ingrained in the mind that the Bills start every season 0-2 by default. It's made it actually difficult to imagine that one day, Patriots fans will be discussing an upcoming Bills matchup & legitimately thinking "we know we're going to lose to the Bills, so we have to get our 9 to 10 wins elsewhere."

But man, if that day comes, it will be an amazing time to be a Bills fan. That's for damn sure.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Sad 1