Where is the outrage for Tyler Kroft

Bigantall

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

as you mentioned, Bills seem to have paid for real potential in Kroft. This setback is unfortunate indeed.
but that does not predict his performance  for me.
He does have talent

Best bit though, is Beanes mitigated the risk and may have nailed the draft

Go Bills

age and wisdom speaking right there.

maybe you could at least dust it off now and again ?

Well, maybe, but it would only be for a very special occasion...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Beane has said that he knowingly took a chance on some players with suspect physical pasts.  If the team were in a bad cap position I might give a *****, but, as is why should I?

Who did you want him to pick up at the position?

I get the feeling the OP would complain about only winning on 3 out of 4 lottery tickets.  As you said we had the cap space, and already revamped the rest of the offense, so gambling on Kroft was actually not a bad idea.

16 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

No GM hits on every player.  This is a injury that has nothing to do with his past one.  I mean we are all concerned but you got to know there’s risk in every free agent.

It's like when people were freaking out about Morse being injury prone and missing preseason after getting freaking kneed in the head.  That wasn't his "injury history".

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's like when people were freaking out about Morse being injury prone and missing preseason after getting freaking kneed in the head.  That wasn't his "injury history".

But, it was, right? Concussion issues were something that you had to consider when signing him.  Too, I think, it's the importance we all placed on Morse being able to help guide Allen in year two.  TE is nice. Center is more critical.

2 hours ago, Bigantall said:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if Brandon Beane didn't do due diligence on the health of Kroft. He came here with foot problems, first day of OTA breaks foot, now this latest injury. Coach is putting on his game face but he has to be extremely disappointed.

Outrage?

That’s a strong word to use.

I would say disappointment. And that’s how I believe everyone has felt. It’s just sad.

They took a shot on the guy. They’ll be able to get out of it, it’s not like it’s all guaranteed. And that’s where they did their due diligence... they drafted two guys who play the same position.

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

But, it was, right? Concussion issues were something that you had to consider when signing him.  Too, I think, it's the importance we all placed on Morse being able to help guide Allen in year two.  TE is nice. Center is more critical.

You can't have a worrying "history" of getting kicked in the head.  That's something you have to chalk up to bad luck, the same as if someone with a history of knee injuries gets hit with an illegal chop block or someone falls sideways on their leg.  That has a high chance of injuring them regardless of their history.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

You can't have a worrying "history" of getting kicked in the head.  That's something you have to chalk up to bad luck, the same as if someone with a history of knee injuries gets hit with an illegal chop block or someone falls sideways on their leg.  That has a high chance of injuring them regardless of their history.

A kick, knee, slap in the head to you or me might not be a big deal. When a football player has a history of concussions that history can't be ignored.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

That he’d be at risk for lower body injuries was a shocker for no one. Beane knee it was a risk as much as you pretend it can’t be predicted. He rolled the dice and this one didn’t go his way (yet)

Theres a difference between a recurring injury like a sprain or fasciitis and a broken bone. Knowing his injury history has nothing to do with breaking a bone  in his foot

Edited by Jdragon2

2 hours ago, Bigantall said:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if Brandon Beane didn't do due diligence on the health of Kroft. He came here with foot problems, first day of OTA breaks foot, now this latest injury. Coach is putting on his game face but he has to be extremely disappointed.

Take a chill pill, your observation is small and short.

Given the fact that Beane hedged his Kroft bet with not one, but 2 outstanding to date draft picks at the same position which are already producing for us, I find it slightly difficult to muster the appropriate outrage for the OP’s liking. In fact, the Bills are either tied for or leading the league in number of rookies starting for them on Sundays this year, which further bodes well for them for years to come as those same players continue to mature imho. 

1.6M dead cap hit if they cut him after this year. It's a calculated risk for a team with no good TE options last year. With both Sweeney and Knox looking good, and Kroft hurt, it looks like a bad bet. However if neither draft pick worked out and Kroft were looking good, you'd say Beane was a genius. Overall, a smart risk to take, with pretty low downside.

• Like (+1) 1