Where is the outrage for Tyler Kroft

Bigantall

I never liked the Kroft signing.  His only good year was when Eifert went down.  Other than that he was never considered good enough to take plays away from Eifert.  We are looking to find an Eifert not a Kroft. Beane has had many successes and so must of us I expect are willing to let the Kroft mistake slide.  

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if Brandon Beane didn't do due diligence on the health of Kroft. He came here with foot problems, first day of OTA breaks foot, now this latest injury. Coach is putting on his game face but he has to be extremely disappointed.

Big whoop. He was a third tier FA acquisition. Sucks for Kroft, but pardon me if I give the GM a pass for taking a gamble on him.

• Like (+1) 1

WHY would there be outrage?  When the Bills get a player from the Bengals disappointment is to be expected!!  AJ McCarron has thrown 17 passes  (none with the Bills) during his 6 year NFL regular season career?  Russell Bodine was a joke from day #1.  And Bodine bought his home in Orchard Park from McCarron - -true story!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Every other GM would have known that he’d break his foot! There’s def ways to see he future and know that a bone will break during OTAs! Every medical report on players has a section for future injuries and their severity! Didn’t Beane READ?! He def would have known the date and time a bone would break!!!

Is that enough fake outrage? Because this is a stupid stupid thing to post about

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The outrage is mitigated by the other free agent signing who are a hit right now so far. Also having Dawson Knox, Lee Smith, and Sweeney being road graders in the run game make people forget about Kroft real quick. 

Lastly, even though he signed a 3 year 18 million dollar deal, all the guaranteed money is basically in the 1st year so he can be cut after this year(seeming more likely) with a very small dead cap

Edited by gonzo1105

43 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I killed my elderly neighbors the other day over Kroft.

Is that outrage enough?

close

did you kick their dogs on the way?
its a lost art

outrage is not what it once was.

i am going to pee on my neighbors Begonias each night till the we beat the Pats.

he does not have a dog

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

In the Nfl most free agents have risks associated. If they are durable saints with elite measurable sand production- you either never let them walk or they go somewhere for insane money. 

This group seems to prefer injury risk to character risk, though open to both, if I’m reading between the lines. 

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t do I don’t hate the strategy. Just like I think it’s fine in other cases around the league.

this one irks me a tiny bit as I think we paid at a premium rate for his skills/production despite the risk. But it’s not long term or crazy crazy money.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

You wonder if BB mitigated the Kroft injury risk by drafting two TEs.

If there are a few silver linings, it’s that the TE draft picks seemed to have worked out and Kroft got injured early enough in the offseason for us to have enough TEs on the roster. 

do you even grasp what outrage is ?

get with the program.

glare at  passerby at least geesh

Just now, Virgil said:

I had zero expectations of him when we signed him, so I don’t care he’s not playing

yep

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

Every other GM would have known that he’d break his foot! There’s def ways to see he future and know that a bone will break during OTAs! Every medical report on players has a section for future injuries and their severity! Didn’t Beane READ?! He def would have known the date and time a bone would break!!!

Is that enough fake outrage? Because this is a stupid stupid thing to post about

That he’d be at risk for lower body injuries was a shocker for no one. Beane knee it was a risk as much as you pretend it can’t be predicted. He rolled the dice and this one didn’t go his way (yet)

My outrage? It’s on the top closet shelf between the shoe box of rookie cards, and my old ukulele.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

In the Nfl most free agents have risks associated. If they are durable saints with elite measurable sand production- you either never let them walk or they go somewhere for insane money. 

This group seems to prefer injury risk to character risk, though open to both, if I’m reading between the lines. 

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t do I don’t hate the strategy. Just like I think it’s fine in other cases around the league.

this one irks me a tiny bit as I think we paid at a premium rate for his skills/production despite the risk. But it’s not long term or crazy crazy money.

as you mentioned, Bills seem to have paid for real potential in Kroft. This setback is unfortunate indeed.
but that does not predict his performance  for me.
He does have talent

Best bit though, is Beanes mitigated the risk and may have nailed the draft

Go Bills

Just now, Don Otreply said:

My outrage? It’s on the top closet shelf between the shoe box of rookie cards, and my old ukulele.

age and wisdom speaking right there.

maybe you could at least dust it off now and again ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Outraged over health issues? That's just classless. I personally feel for the guy. He obviously wants to play. 

And it not like Kroft is wasting a ton of our cap space and not playing. Having an often injured player typically only hurts a team if they make a lot of money because it makes them harder to replace.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bigantall said:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if Brandon Beane didn't do due diligence on the health of Kroft. He came here with foot problems, first day of OTA breaks foot, now this latest injury. Coach is putting on his game face but he has to be extremely disappointed.

I suggest you purchase a billboard demanding Beane is fired or else.

• Like (+1) 1