Bigantall

Where is the outrage for Tyler Kroft

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if Brandon Beane didn't do due diligence on the health of Kroft. He came here with foot problems, first day of OTA breaks foot, now this latest injury. Coach is putting on his game face but he has to be extremely disappointed.

• Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

We haven't even missed him. But outrage away.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

He came in and had the foot flare up again. It got better, then he had a different injury. This is NFL football. Injuries happen. End of story. Unfortunate, but it happens. 

• Like (+1) 7

Why do you want outrage? Injuries happen. Due dilegence? Cmon, man. Things don’t always work out, you miss on Kroft, but you hit on 7th round Sweeney. Team is looking good, let’s get a win tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if Brandon Beane didn't do due diligence on the health of Kroft. He came here with foot problems, first day of OTA breaks foot, now this latest injury. Coach is putting on his game face but he has to be extremely disappointed.

Beane has said that he knowingly took a chance on some players with suspect physical pasts.  If the team were in a bad cap position I might give a *****, but, as is why should I?

Who did you want him to pick up at the position?

• Like (+1) 2

Fortunately Knox and Sweeney appear to be working out.  Kroft will end up being expendable after this season if he proves to be too much of an injury concern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

One of my few peeves of Brandon Beane was the amount of injury risk we took this year in free agency.  Normally Beane was adding players with a clean injury slate but this offseason adding John Brown, Mitch Morse and Tyler Kroft among others was a little surprising too me.  That being said, Kroft is the only one to miss regular season time thus far and the rest are all performing pretty well and helping the team out.  Can’t criticize too much when it’s turning out this well. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I killed my elderly neighbors the other day over Kroft.

Is that outrage enough?

It’s a start, but we need to know you really meant it! 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s a start, but we need to know you really meant it! 

I meant it alright.

***** Brandon Beane. I hope he’s happy.

• Haha (+1) 2

Fire them, fire them all 

• Haha (+1) 2

Any update on the severity of his new injury? I'm too drunk to Google.

• Meh 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Have any of the other TE's who were available in FA done anything much yet? No GM hits on every FA that he signs. On the plus side , we signed two top notch WR's (Brown and Beasley) and an OL that is giving Allen time to throw (Morse, Feliciano, Nsekhe, and Spain) not to mention Gore. I'd say Beane had quite a good group of FA signings. Chill out!

• Like (+1) 1

Oan...this might just be the worst start of a veteran with a new team in NFL history injury wise. Injured FIRST DAY of OTAs goes through months of rehab to come in and FIRST DAY back suffers another, totally non related injury

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Stop, give up. Never post again.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

I never liked the Kroft signing.  His only good year was when Eifert went down.  Other than that he was never considered good enough to take plays away from Eifert.  We are looking to find an Eifert not a Kroft. Beane has had many successes and so must of us I expect are willing to let the Kroft mistake slide.  

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Big whoop. He was a third tier FA acquisition. Sucks for Kroft, but pardon me if I give the GM a pass for taking a gamble on him.

• Like (+1) 1

God almighty with this thread!

Next Unread Topic -> “Why Isn’t McBean Getting Killed for Not Entering the Quantum Field to Know Upcoming Injuries”

14 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Any update on the severity of his new injury? I'm too drunk to Google.

I don't really ever get outraged. Nothing personal.