We COULD HAVE activated International Pathway standout Wade this year after all.

StHustle

But we used the PS exemption on him so now we can't. Not saying we would have if we could have or that he is quite ready for real NFL ball yet but with Singletary's injury it would have been an interesting consideration.

With all the confusion on the rules of these International guys I never saw this scenario mentioned. 

The Pats, who are always playing 4D chess, didn't use the roster exemption on their guy and just activated him a few hours ago. So there we have it. FB Jakob Johnson is now the first official player make an NFL roster through the program.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27669130/pats-activate-first-international-pathway-player

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

But we used the PS exemption on him so now we can't. Not saying we would have if we could have or that he is quite ready for real NFL ball yet but with Singletary's injury it would have been an interesting consideration.

With all the confusion on the rules of these International guys I never saw this scenario mentioned. 

The Pats, who are always playing 4D chess, didn't use the roster exemption on their guy and just activated him a few hours ago. So there we have it. FB Jakob Johnson is now the first official player make an NFL roster through the program.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27669130/pats-activate-first-international-pathway-player

So tell me again who is playing 4D chess... the team that doesn’t need to activate a guy who isn’t ready because they actually have enough depth to let an international player develop on the PS? Or the other team? 

• Like (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So tell me again who is playing 4D chess... the team that doesn’t need to activate a guy who isn’t ready because they actually have enough depth to let an international player develop on the PS? Or the other team? 

You know how we do around here. Assume every move Pat's make is 4D chess. Not always understandable by our feeble minds. Even signing Antonio Brown and releasing him after one game was somehow a 4D chess move. Wake up YOLO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Not really a good thing for the Pats*.  James Devlin is out with a neck injury (week to week) and is being replaced by this guy.

One less experienced guy to pick up blitzes in pass protection. 

If the Bills have to sign someone to replace Singletary for a while Marcus Murphy is the way to go.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Not really a good thing for the Pats*.  James Devlin is out with a neck injury (week to week) and is being replaced by this guy.

One less experienced guy to pick up blitzes in pass protection. 

If the Bills have to sign someone to replace Singletary for a while Marcus Murphy is the way to go.

Absolutely. Because if they sign a guy from the PS they have to keep him on the 53 for 3 weeks 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Absolutely. Because if they sign a guy from the PS they have to keep him on the 53 for 3 weeks 

Then if Wade busted a couple big ones that would put the Bills in a tough spot. Wouldn't wanna lose em. I believe we've already seen Murphy's celling 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Replacing Brown with this guy.  BB is playing checkers (King me)!

Devlin being out for next week would be a big if it works out that way.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Dude we’ve been OVER THIS. Like a million times. Close your thread u dingbat

28 minutes ago, StHustle said:

What are you talking about? Wade was clearly not ready in terms of playbook, philosophy, and football knowledge. He doesn't know how to pick up the blitz or read defenses like an NFL player. The PS exemption was the best thing to do for him, by ensuring nobody could put them on their PS or team, and allowing the Bills to develop him more. Putting him on the roster or not using the exemption would have exposed him. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You know how we do around here. Assume every move Pat's make is 4D chess. Not always understandable by our feeble minds. Even signing Antonio Brown and releasing him after one game was somehow a 4D chess move. Wake up YOLO.

Don't forget giving the Bills a pick for essentially nothing. 5D Chess.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, StHustle said:

That exemption also keeps others from signing him off our PS.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, todd said:

What are you talking about? Wade was clearly not ready in terms of playbook, philosophy, and football knowledge. He doesn't know how to pick up the blitz or read defenses like an NFL player. The PS exemption was the best thing to do for him, by ensuring nobody could put them on their PS or team, and allowing the Bills to develop him more. Putting him on the roster or not using the exemption would have exposed him. 

Can you all please stop with your facts and logic and stuff?!?

Excuse me for finding any reason to bring up Wade. I got good feelings on this guy's future here. I think he is the next Fred Jackson. They both started on the practice squad! Both played in Europe!! Ummmm...they both are running backs!!!

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

52 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I mentioned it a couple of dozen times at least.  You need to pay more attention to what I say.

53 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Jakob Johnson is now the first official player make an NFL roster through the program.

Wrong. After his exemption year, Efe Obada has made the Panthers 53 for consecutive years. Perhaps the article refers to the Patriots specifically?

58 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I feel like everybody already knew this

That’s because everybody already knew this...

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply