U of Michigan

Cripple Creek

17 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Turning over the keys to the Michigan offense to a guy who had never called plays before is inexcusable for a program like that. 

hired the DC with a phone call, no interview at all....

Madison is not the place to show up insecure of a game plan in any phase, they will gladly pummel a weak opponent for 60 minutes

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

Thanks for brining Nebraska and Rutgers and other jokes into the Big Ten, words can’t describe the effect this has had.

Sorry, forgot Maryland offhand as a total joke added to the conference

Rutgers alumni here.  Because of the football team & personal reasons it's not really something I go around broadcasting though.  

Even before they joined the Big Ten in football there was a lot not to like there imo.  Lower profile sports got cut at the college to have the funds for football such as tennis, wrestling, swimming, and volleyball.  Plus there was incidents of the former coach changing the players grades and home invasions by the players.  

I'm told though the argument to them being in the Big Ten is money the school gets through revenue sharing for the games.  I mean I'm green when it comes to the business of all that 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Rutgers alumni here.  Because of the football team & personal reasons it's not really something I go around broadcasting though.  

Even before they joined the Big Ten in football there was a lot not to like there imo.  Lower profile sports got cut at the college to have the funds for football such as tennis, wrestling, swimming, and volleyball.  Plus there was incidents of the former coach changing the players grades and home invasions by the players.  

I'm told though the argument to them being in the Big Ten is money the school gets through revenue sharing for the games.  I mean I'm green when it comes to the business of all that 

Rutgers wanted a piece of the Big 10 $ and Jim Delaney wanted a piece of the nyc tv market. The 2nd thing not working out well. 

On 9/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Rutgers wanted a piece of the Big 10 $ and Jim Delaney wanted a piece of the nyc tv market. The 2nd thing not working out well. 

but the big boys always find loopholes to keep a larger pile of the money

the tOSU/ttun revenue sharing battles are epic

47 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

If Michigan wins out, they’ll have a great argument for the playoffs. 

yeah, maybe only lose 44-0 in the conf title game ag’in Wisconsin

Geez UM has looked weak at home, so many 3rd and longs surrendered by the D

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

zzzzzzzzz

they are out of the playoff picture 

So they deserve no credit for winning a game against a ranked opponent today?

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yeah, maybe only lose 44-0 in the conf title game ag’in Wisconsin

Geez UM has looked weak at home, so many 3rd and longs surrendered by the D

And yet the defense gave up 3 points today.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

The worst part about the playoff format is listening to idiots who think all games and teams are meaningless except for Alabama and Clemson.   And of course how the format provides disincentive for teams to play anyone outside of their conference (Clemson being the worst offender).   College football was always about the regular season, and now it's all angling for a playoff spot.

Nice win for Michigan today, though that offense still seems bad.

27 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And yet the defense gave up 3 points today.

against visiting Iowa....

just a sec....  looking it up...

thats of zero importance to the national scene

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And Notre Dame. Already played Wisconsin though. 

thanks, forgot about ND, i boldly assume Wisky is facing the mighty Wolverines in the CCG after UM sweeps those putative upcoming tough games on the schedule

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

against visiting Iowa....

just a sec....  looking it up...

thats of zero importance to the national scene

thanks, forgot about ND, i boldly assume Wisky is facing the mighty Wolverines in the CCG after UM sweeps those putative upcoming tough games on the schedule

Oh yes, I see. 

51 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The worst part about the playoff format is listening to idiots who think all games and teams are meaningless except for Alabama and Clemson.   And of course how the format provides disincentive for teams to play anyone outside of their conference (Clemson being the worst offender).   College football was always about the regular season, and now it's all angling for a playoff spot.

Nice win for Michigan today, though that offense still seems bad.

idiots....  and we have people putting Michigan in the Playoffs already....  ? 

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh yes, I see. 

Lighting candles to not have to watch the Badgers crucify the Wolverines again this season...

Edited by row_33

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.