Nfl QB rankings per nfl.com

Chicharito

I usually just laugh at these threads bemoaning that the Bills don't get enough "respect" in rankings, but i think that complaints are justified with this QB ranking piece. 

Obviously, these "ratings" are mostly based on reputation and hype not actual performance.  The first four are dead-on, but I don't think Phillip Rivers deserves to be #5 ahead of Wentz, Prescott, and Jackson who have all played better than Rivers.  That's no big deal, however, when Matt Ryan with 5 INTS is rated #10 and Baker Mayfield with 4 INTs is #12 while Jared Goff comes in at #11, Stafford at #13, and Dalton at #17.  Seriously?????   How can Kyler Murray be #15 when he can't produce TDs?   The best that can be said of Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, and Kirk Cousins this season is that they've been ineffective yet they're all in the top 21 ahead of Josh Allen, who has played well and been very effective after the first half of the opener?

Allen should be in the top 20 at least, and probably in the top 15.  In both his starts, he's shown that he can play clutch when needed, something that several QBs rated ahead of him -- Ryan, Mayfield, Murray, Newton, Mariota,  and Cousins -- have failed to do. 

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Lamar Jackson in the TOP 10?! Ahead of Goff?! These people need to watch more football...

I stopped reading after that, these people just dont watch football.

Maybe you should have read on.  Putting Jackson #8 is not nearly as egregious as putting Matt Ryan and his 5 INTs at #10.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Washington Post had an article on young QBs with pictures of Mahomes, Mayfield and Baker and in the article talked about everyone but Josh Allen. 

Make a statement Josh.   Play the game of your young career and make them look ? at you. 

Buffalo embodies values that the media hates.  Morals and working for what you get in life.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Isnt Favre the all-time Int leader among QBs.  I watched Favre play for his entire career that is why he was always refered to as a "Gun slinger".

Comparing Favre to Josh just seems silly to me. The hero ball was there but they are definitively very different QB’s. 

15 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Read for yourself, scratch your head, roll your eyes then let out a little chuckle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001056558/article/qb-index-week-3-kyler-murray-dak-prescott-surge-in-rankings

It's not that head scratching. He hasn't put together a good game from start to finish yet, is still inconsistent.

He got credit for a TD "pass" last game for what was essentially a hand off, but aside from that, he has 1 x passing TD, 2 x rushing TD's and 4 turnovers.

The only QB's I'd argue should be ranked lower than him at this point in the season are Kirk Cousins, Cam Newton, and Baker Mayfield. Yes, some of the other QB's are getting generous rankings based on their history (Aaron Rodgers), but we're only 2 games in, so I'm sure things will work themselves out soon enough.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Buffalo embodies values that the media hates.  Morals and working for what you get in life.

What a load of bull manure! 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

lol

Marcus Mariota is ranked higher than Josh Allen.

Let that sink in.

Mariota reminds me of Trent Edwards with more talent around him.