What's the appeal with Notre Dame Football?

Another Fan

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You must not watch a lot of college football.  Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Aubrn, Oklahoma.  Name some teams other than those that are consistently a better program than Notre Dame during Brian Kelly's tenure.  Even Oklahoma had some lean years at the end of the Stoops era.  

I just looked at the reality of ND and updated it

i’ve watch a ton of college football, since 1973, 

reality, not your little pipe dream fantasy

they are on NBC, that’s means they are the kings of football....

2 contending seasons the last 25, wow!!!!! 

———

I will believe ND holds the athletes to a little bit of respectable academic standards, so it does hamper a bit

Edited by row_33

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, row_33 said:

I just looked at the reality of ND and updated it

i’ve watch a ton of college football, since 1973, 

reality, not your little pipe dream fantasy

Okay then.  Notre Dame isn't Alabama but they are a top ten program consistently right now.  Please name some teams other than the ones I mentioned.  Don't cop out and say I am living in a pipe dream fantasy because you can't do it.

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Okay then.  Notre Dame isn't Alabama but they are a top ten program consistently right now.  Please name some teams other than the ones I mentioned.  Don't cop out and say I am living in a pipe dream fantasy because you can't do it.

Polls are a joke outside the teams we already know are going to the Final Four

Twice in the last 25 years they have been worthy

a 2 percent return on the hype

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Consistenly mediocre does not mean top 10

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, row_33 said:

Polls are a joke outside the teams we already know are going to the Final Four

Your argument is a joke and you are avoiding the question I asked because you know you can't you can't deny it.

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

Consistenly mediocre does not mean top 10

That is just an ignorant statement.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I give ND high praise for having the guts to play a team in the top 100 voluntarily like a Georgia 

Enjoy your clown show crusade.

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Your argument is a joke and you are avoiding the question I asked because you know you can't you can't deny it.

That is just an ignorant statement.

Competing twice in the past 25 years seems fairly mediocre, by anyone standards.....and there’s nothing ignorant in that, sir

3-8 vs top 10 teams under Brian Kelly, 1-17 against top 5 teams since 2000. Hard to make an argument they are a top program IMHO.

I was brought up to be a ND fan throughout the 70s and 80s. My Dad said they did things the right way. I was also raised catholic.

Let just say I learned along the way that was a myth, along with their schedule, and they also don't get top talent like they did when Holtz was there.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
9 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Competing twice in the past 25 years seems fairly mediocre, by anyone standards.....and there’s nothing ignorant in that, sir

Interesting criteria.  Hold every team to that criteria and see what you come up with.  You'll find that you are just biased.

7 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

3-8 vs top 10 teams under Brian Kelly, 1-17 against top 5 teams since 2000. Hard to make an argument they are a top program IMHO.

I was brought up to be a ND fan throughout the 70s and 80s. My Dad said they did things the right way. I was also raised catholic.

Let just say I learned along the way that was a myth, along with their schedule, and they also don't get top talent like they did when Holtz was there.

Can we start pulling up the numbers on coaches at Alabama prior to Saban and analyze that too.  Let's work in Mike Shula and Denis Franchione's records into evaluating them.  How about Clemson before Deebo?  You are going to not like what you see.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Interesting criteria.  Hold every team to that criteria and see what you come up with.  You'll find you are just biased.

Can we start pulling up the number on coaches at Alabama prior to Saban and analyze that too.  Let's work in Mike Shula and Denis Franchione's records into evaluating them.  How about Clemson before Deebo?  You are going to not like what you see.  

Not sure what Alabama has to do with anything I said. But, by my reasoning to be a top team you should be able to hold your own (.500 record) to prove you belong. Clearly, Kelly is the current program, after 10 years this is who they are.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

This is year 10 for Kelly at Notre Dame.  I feel a decade is a good amount of time to evaluate a program.  Notre Dame has been a top ten program under Brian Kelly.  Please someone name 10 programs that have been better in the last 10 years.  None of you can do that and you are avoiding like the plague.  Please name 10 programs that have been better and I will shut my mouth.  Until then, you have no legs to stand on.

6 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Not sure what Alabama has to do with anything I said. But, by my reasoning to be a top team you should be able to hold your own (.500 record) to prove you belong. Clearly, Kelly is the current program, after 10 years this is who they are.

Let's a dig a littler deeper then.  Display those teams they went 3-8 against, and we can evaluate how these programs that are supposed to be better than ND, did or would have done the years ND lost those games.  They lost in the Championship to Alabama, a team that could be argued to be the greatest of All-TIme.  They lost to Clemson in the playoffs 30-3, a team that went on to beat Alabama in the title game 44-16.  They lost the two to Georgia, last night and two years ago, both games within one score and were in the balance late in the 4th quarter.  Those are the 4 I can think of off the top of my head.  There is probably a Stanford loss in their too.  

I'm sorry but you guys can keep pulling up whatever bull#### stats you want.  Until you are really ready to dig in with me and prove me wrong, I just see a few haters who are parroting the stats they see in the media.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
15 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

You brought up ND record since 2000.  If we are going back to 2000 and comparing records, ND is only going to climb.  Before Saban got there Bama was an absolute joke.

People "can't understand" the appeal of a team from one of the oldest Catholic Universities in the country that specifically identifies with the Irish heritage?  :huh:

Some people should read more history about the country they live in.   I think the more difficult thing to understand is the bizarre vitriol normally reserved for politicians and serial killers that certain people apparently have for a college football team.   Strange.

58 minutes ago, Sweats said:

And yet, they get over rated in the rankings every year.....same as Michigan 

Thanks for providing this standard, lazy take.  In the last five years, ND has been ranked higher at the end of the season than pre-season 3 times, lower once, and exactly the same once.

36 minutes ago, row_33 said:

2 out of 25 = 2%?  ?

Your take on football is about as good as your ability to do fourth grade math.   You sound like a guy who had his girlfriend stolen by a Notre Dame fan.   It's pretty laughable at this point.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This is year 10 for Kelly at Notre Dame.  I feel a decade is a good amount of time to evaluate a program.  Notre Dame has been a top ten program under Brian Kelly.  Please someone name 10 programs that have been better in the last 10 years.  None of you can do that and you are avoiding like the plague.  Please name 10 programs that have been better and I will shut my mouth.  Until then, you have no legs to stand on.

Let's a dig a littler deeper then.  Display those teams they went 3-8 against, and we can evaluate how these programs that are supposed to be better than ND, did or would have done the years ND lost those games.  They lost in the Championship to Alabama, a team that could be argued to be the greatest of All-TIme.  They lost to Clemson in the playoffs 30-3, a team that went on to beat Alabama in the title game 44-16.  They lost the two to Georgia, last night and two years ago, both games within one score and were in the balance late in the 4th quarter.  Those are the 4 I can think of off the top of my head.  There is probably a Stanford loss in their too.  

I'm sorry but you guys can keep pulling up whatever bull#### stats you want.  Until you are really ready to dig in with me and prove me wrong, I just see a few haters who are parroting the stats they see in the media.

Dude, you're obviously a fan of the golden domers, that's good on you. Personally, I don't care about them. 

If you're happy with where your favorite team is that's your perogative-more power to you.

As for the stats, they are just facts that are being reported, I have no interest in researching NDs 18 losses since 2000. Again, if you're happy with the standard that is now in place of winning a game against a top 5 team once every couple decades go for it.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

ND played well against UGA on the road but they don’t have the speed. UGA didn’t look great, however. 

Basically, yes.

They still lack overall team speed and size/power on offense, and consequently struggle against defenses with size and speed.  Once UGA took away the one thing that was working in the first half, they couldn’t sustain flow on offense.

But ND has had a tougher defense the past few years compared to earlier in Kelly’s run, and that can keep them in games against top teams, as happened yesterday.

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Basically, yes.

They still lack overall team speed and size/power on offense, and consequently struggle against defenses with size and speed.  Once UGA took away the one thing that was working in the first half, they couldn’t sustain flow on offense.

But ND has had a tougher defense the past few years compared to earlier in Kelly’s run, and that can keep them in games against top teams, as happened yesterday.

Unfortunately I think they are out of the playoff now even with the “good loss”. Without a conf championship game, they pretty much need to go undefeated to get in. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately I think they are out of the playoff now even with the “good loss”. Without a conf championship game, they pretty much need to go undefeated to get in. 

Yup, they'll need help, even if they go 11-1.  But it's still Sept so lots can and usually does happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.