What's the appeal with Notre Dame Football?

Another Fan

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Good win tonight.  Always tough against SC, who has a ton of talented underclassman.  Look out for SC in two years.

it will be good to have the Pac 8/10/12 relevant to the national discussion again

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Good win tonight.  Always tough against SC, who has a ton of talented underclassman.  Look out for SC in two years.

For that QB to be a Freshman, in that environment, and against the Irish defense his performance was impressive. St. Brown reminds me of Golden Tate and I think he has a nice career ahead of him at the next level. All they need is experience and a few more pieces on defense. I don't like the coach either. If Urban Meyer goes to USC (heard the rumors)they are going to be on top again very, VERY soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not an alum myself, but basically my entire mother’s side of the family went ND. My uncle won a National Championship while on the fencing team. I went to my first game in south bend last year and loved every moment of it. It’s cool that they have all the names of the past national champions engraved on the outer part of the basketball arena. I’m a die hard ND fan but never went. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Sweats said:

After that ND shellacking by Michigan, they should be completely dropped out of the rankings, but they won’t.....they’ll drop down a couple of spots and we’ll all have to hear how great they are yet again

all that matters is the “Final Four” and they are toast on that horizon

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

They are toast for the Tournament, barring a complete destruction of like 6 of the top teams.

my ND fans in life assure me they will still get a big non-playoff $$$-bowl, which i don't doubt

i'll watch them on a day off work in the Cotton Bowl or whatever

Yeah, most likely they will get a top billing bowl, maybe against an LSU/Georgia/Florida.  Maybe Penn State if they dont make it?  Maybe a Pac12 champ Oregon?

I do think that there may be 2 losses packed in the remainder of their schedule, in which may drop them from that 'tier' and they may end up dropping a tier in bowls.  But its Notre Dame so they will beat Stanford last game of the season and magically land in the top 10.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

for me the wish is competitive games

in the rolodex of my thoughts i give each college "media picked" matchup a 1 in 4 chance of being a good one

most are total wipeouts

a reason why i don't want to expand, i don't need 1 beating 8 72-0 while calling the dogs off the second half

By watching and cheering for the Irish, I feel like I can legit tell my mom in heaven I did something to promote the faith.  Maybe despite her better judgement, she will put in a good word to St. Peter and I can tailgate in behind someone who leaves the gate open too long.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.