This is a must win game for the Bills.

Tipster19

To move up the ladder to the playoffs, we need to win against teams that won't make the playoffs...like the Jets and the Giants.  

The rest of the schedule looks like this:

Sep 22 - Cincinnati Bengals - W (3-0)
Sep. 29 -  New England Patriots - L (3-1)
Oct. 6  -  at Tennessee Titans - L (3-2) and it depends on how well Mariotta plays.  Could be a W
Oct. 20  - Miami Dolphins - W (4-2) 
Oct. 27  - Philadelphia Eagles - L (4-3) 
Nov. 3  - Washington Redskins - W (5-3)
Nov. 10 -  at Cleveland Browns - W (6-3) - Similar teams on their way up.  We squeak one out.
Nov. 17  - at Miami Dolphins - W (7-3) On their way to having all of The Replacements in the lineup and 0-16
Nov. 24  - Denver Broncos - W (8-3)
Nov. 28   - at Dallas Cowboys - L (8-4) - Dallas is 31-20-1 on Thanksgiving.
Dec. 8  - Baltimore Ravens - L (8-5) - The start of the nobody wants to play in Buffalo in December games.  This could be a W
Dec. 15 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - W (9-5) - The Mason Rudolf era has begun.  
Dec. 21 - at New England Patriots - L (9-6) - 42 YO Brady still has our number.
Dec. 29  - New York Jets - W (10-6) - Playoffs on the line.  Rich Stadium The Ralph  New Era Field will be rockin'.  

It isn’t must win but a loss makes one of the games the Bills shouldn’t win into a must win (2x Pats, Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys.) For every easy game the Bills let slip away they need to make up for it later.

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So if they lose tomorrow I shouldn’t bother with the rest of the season ...

Yeah right..

it will be very disappointing to lose, unless injuries crater them

especially with the next game

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Probably a must win for the fans and the media.  I'm sure the locker room will get over it quickly.

winning the Home Opener would be huge for us Fans and just add to the enthusiasm building ! 

Like a maraschino cherry on top of a Sundae/Sunday !

beating the Patriots. That is closer to a must win imo.
But as mentioned. Must wins happen only when the playoffs are at hand and in do or die situation.

We are in " need to win " mode currently

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I see it (FWIW) as more of a statement game......coming off 2 road wins and the home opener is the perfect scenario to silence the detractors and make "The Hat" as an unwanted venue for opponents like yesteryear.....SIXTY MINUTES of football versus a 3rd quarter "turtle snooze fest" please...........

its a beat that asss game.

Conquer Bengals definitively . make that statement.

Go Bills

4 hours ago, TuelTime said:

I agree. If they lose they should fire McBeane.

nothing less will do.

Edited by 3rdand12
added an e
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inthebuff said:

To move up the ladder to the playoffs, we need to win against teams that won't make the playoffs...like the Jets and the Giants.  

The rest of the schedule looks like this:

Sep 22 - Cincinnati Bengals - W (3-0)
Sep. 29 -  New England Patriots - L (3-1)
Oct. 6  -  at Tennessee Titans - L (3-2) and it depends on how well Mariotta plays.  Could be a W
Oct. 20  - Miami Dolphins - W (4-2) 
Oct. 27  - Philadelphia Eagles - L (4-3) 
Nov. 3  - Washington Redskins - W (5-3)
Nov. 10 -  at Cleveland Browns - W (6-3) - Similar teams on their way up.  We squeak one out.
Nov. 17  - at Miami Dolphins - W (7-3) On their way to having all of The Replacements in the lineup and 0-16
Nov. 24  - Denver Broncos - W (8-3)
Nov. 28   - at Dallas Cowboys - L (8-4) - Dallas is 31-20-1 on Thanksgiving.
Dec. 8  - Baltimore Ravens - L (8-5) - The start of the nobody wants to play in Buffalo in December games.  This could be a W
Dec. 15 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - W (9-5) - The Mason Rudolf era has begun.  
Dec. 21 - at New England Patriots - L (9-6) - 42 YO Brady still has our number.
Dec. 29  - New York Jets - W (10-6) - Playoffs on the line.  Rich Stadium The Ralph  New Era Field will be rockin'.  

Having watched the entirety of last Thursday's game, I am as confident about the Tennessee game as ALMOST any on the schedule.

I'm surprised you have that one penciled in as a loss (I know you said could be a win).

I agree with pretty much all your other predictions.

I had the Pitt game as a loss but Big Ben being out is a huge break for us.

Of course, there will be at least one "should win" game that we lose.  It always works that way.

But by the same token, there may be a "loss" game we surprisingly win.

• Like (+1) 1

Our schedule is so soft this year we could probably drop this game and still easily get the 5 seed. If this team doesn't make the playoffs I'm adopting the Seahawks full time instead of only as a second team when the Bills fall out of the playoff race. 

I think some fans think this will be an easy game. 

Cincy, a team who was up at halftime on the road against Seattle and almost won, has nothing to lose.

Bills have a lot to lose. Especially if more worried about New England or if they think they’ll get the Cincy that showed up last week.

This will not be an easy game!

9 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It's an important win, but losing to Cinci and beating NE would hurt less than in the grand scheme of it all rather than beating Cinci and losing to NE.

Losing to both will also hurt, but AFC is pretty weak this year. 8-8 may land a wildcard. 

If they lose to Cincy, there's no way they beat NE.  I'd rather see continued improvement in this game and something to build on before going up against NE.

• Like (+1) 1