This is a must win game for the Bills.

Tipster19

34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right I'd say it's a should win more than a must win though if we want to avoid a must win later sure.

Yeah it's a should win........9-7 probably gets you to the playoffs in AFC this year again and they can get to 9 without this one...........but they really shouldn't lose.    What the Bills do best is prevent big passing plays and that's what the Bengals have lived by so far.   Very favorable matchup for the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It's a must win or I'll be pissy the rest of the afternoon and most of Monday.  So no different than most weekends.

They can still start 3-1 if they lose this weekend.... Just sayin.

right, but only if they beat NE week 4.  Hence the “next week becomes a must-win” piece

EDIT: found a good place on Elmwood for my “11-5” neck tattoo.

Edited by RiotAct
  • Haha (+1) 1

There's no such thing as a must-win in Week Two. That's like being partly pregnant.

But if such a thing did exist, this would not be one of them.

54 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

"This is not a must-win; World War II was a must-win."

-Marv Levy

I agree with Marv.  And this game isn't a must-win either. 

Nice. And also correct.

3 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I agree with the OP.  The Bills will likely either barely make the playoffs or just miss.  A loss to the Bengals would likely jeopardize their chances.

No such thing as a must win unless losing eliminates you from the playoffs, so if it is "likely" necessary, that means it isn't a must win.

• Like (+1) 1

Lets just not repeat 2011.....stay focused...execute and never underestimate your opponent...the Bills mantra this year is every game is a new season...0-0

If they can do these things they'll win a lot of games this year...Josh is still developing and I said all along next year is when he explodes on the scene.

It's a must win for Lazy, because if they lose this game, I will kick her farther than a Sebastian Janikowski pregame field goal attempt with a 50 MPH wind behind his back.

Poor little Lazy girl.  Come on Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

There's no such thing as a must-win in Week Two. That's like being partly pregnant.

But if such a thing did exist, this would not be one of them.

Nice. And also correct.

Well since this is week 3 could this still be a must-win?

I 100% agree. A couple years ago, the Bengals were called a "trap game," and a team we should easily beat. 

Then they beat us.

I still haven't forgotten that, mainly because when looking back on the season, it was the one game where it was so obvious the Bills crapped the bed. 

Thankfully for us, the Ginger Savior had our backs & KO'd the Ravens to get us into the playoffs at the end of the year. Had they lost, it would've been the Bengals game from earlier in the year that cost us the chance at breaking the drought.

We started off that year 5-2 when we should've started out 6-1. This season, I'm hoping the team is different, and that we put away the teams we're supposed to beat. No more trap games, no losses to teams with 0 wins, let's just take care of business.

Here's hoping the Bills can pull it off this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

If this new Bills team believes that this is the season where they make the transition from basement-dweller to title contender and need to believe as a team that they've reached that point of controlling their own destiny, then they need to beat a struggling Bengals' team to add to the momentum of a 2-0 start. 

A loss would be a setback IMO; I think it is a must-win for the sake of team morale/player psyche.

• Like (+1) 3