This is a must win game for the Bills.

Tipster19

2-0 and now the home opener with the Patriots on the horizon. Matter of fact forget the Patriots, this is a must win gam me period. After having the first 2 games under their belts without a loss the Bills have a great opportunity to spring forward and start putting a bit of separation between them and most of the other AFC teams.

Losing this game would be a big oops. Regardless what happens with the Patriots the Bills need to prove that they can win games that they are suppose to and not shoot themselves in the foot otherwise they will be playing to being the same old Bills. Winning this game, regardless what happens in the Patriot game and then beating the Titans on the road would propel and advance the Bills to a level that they haven’t been to in decades. On top of all that having to play the Dolphins twice and ending the season at home against the Jets would just about solidify the play-offs. Any other games that they win, especially against AFC teams would start to give the Bills the idea that they can almost threaten for the division but make no mistake about, it all starts right here right now against the Bengals. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Had they lost to the Jets, I would say it's really close to a "must win" if must win means they're not making the playoffs if they lose.

I think there'd be a reasonable path to the playoffs even if they lose this one.

Right I'd say it's a should win more than a must win though if we want to avoid a must win later sure.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We just need to continue to bank wins when we can.  The difference between 9-7 and 10-6 in this League is huge.  I think we are in that range this year if we stay healthy and with the way the rest of the AFC is looking right now. The Bengals are not the Dolphins, they will play hard and they can beat us if they catch some breaks. This is not a team to sleep on. They are pretty banged up and their O-line has some question marks which makes me feel a bit better.  This is definitely a game we can win. 

This is exactly the kind of game this team needs to learn to win if they are going to be a playoff team.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 11

It's not exactly a must win, though it is.  Losing this game would suck...it is a game the Bills are supposed to win and should win.  Plus the Bengals are in the AFC, so that can count in a tie breaker scenario for a WC spot and seed positioning.

• Like (+1) 3

Let me qualify what I'm about to write by gladly admitting I am a homer, but I have a lot of confidence in the discipline of this team to play well against Cincy. The only concern I have about this game is the rush this team is going to experience coming home to open the season 2-0 with road wins in NJ. The Ralph is going to be as insane as it's been in years, and people like Beasley and Brown are going to be jacked up.

I think the one newcomer who won't get too overly hyped will be Mitch Morse because the closest thing to a full house at OBD is a full house in KC.

Years ago, under a different group, this is a must win. I don't think anyone playing for the Bills right now needs to be reminded how every win matters.

• Like (+1) 2

"This is a must win game for the Bills".....and if they lose the theme turns into 2-1 is a good start. 

Even if 3-0, the trepidation will grow and gnaw the rabids about the N.E. game.

Unfortunately, I'll be away that week and be incommunicado, and likely unable to see the N.E. game. 

Where I'll be will be more fun, but the fly on the wall me will miss the immediate reactions in here.

But I know I won't be disappointed when I can read all the posts, win or lose.

Is there a donation site for this website ? It's better than public TV. Except Downton Abbey.

Considering that 12-13 wins is necessary to guarantee a playoff spot they are all pretty much "must win" games.  There have been years where an 11-5 team has missed the playoffs.  The reality is that we most likely are not going 16-0 so there will be some losses and the Bengals could turn it around at anytime.  Pray for a win but don't jump off of a bridge if we lose Sunday.

With only 16 opportunities, they are all must win games imo. Right now the only thing on the agenda is the 3rd game of the season, and for a team in the Bills position there is no other option but to win this game. Every member of Bills  team is painfully aware of this. Play smart, be alert, no lapses in concentration, protect the ball, catch the ball, control the line of scrimmage,  do this, we win. 

Go bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

It's a must win or I'll be pissy the rest of the afternoon and most of Monday.  So no different than most weekends.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Not a must win, but the following week against New England becomes a must win, or else there goes my prediction of starting the season 3-1, and I don’t know what I’ll do.

They can still start 3-1 if they lose this weekend.... Just sayin.