Is there any player MORE exciting than Josh Allen in the NFL today?

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Eh, maybe it’s just me but I have no issue putting him ahead of Pat DiMarco.

I don’t know. I guess, for me, Fullback just isn’t a very exciting position to watch play. Now, Pat Mahomes on the other hand.... :P 

lol

You don't like to watch FB?  It's an acquired taste, they should get more ADULATION around here.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

McD's offensive philosophy is to win 17-13, no 300 yard games and to control the clock & field position.  Saw this as soon as the Bills had a 14 point lead on the Giants. 

Play not to lose, not win.....  I expect Mahomes would be more a game manager here.....

Please prove me wrong McD.

...woefully HATE that style of ball......that was Dopey Dickie Jauron's "signature".....Mahomes is in a good situation with Andy, although Andy has been guilty of "turtle ball".....don't remember the exact game, but Alex came out like a machined torch in the first half, complete dominance......which disappeared in the 2nd....guess I missed the memo about "60 minutes pedal to the metal" being unacceptable.....hell Belichick would kick a FG up 42-7......

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

McD's offensive philosophy is to win 17-13, no 300 yard games and to control the clock & field position.  Saw this as soon as the Bills had a 14 point lead on the Giants. 

Play not to lose, not win.....  I expect Mahomes would be more a game manager here.....

We beat the Giants 28-14.

control the clock, play not to lose, game manager..... how many tired cliches can you put in 2 sentences.

How did we try to control the clock to start the Jets game? By passing every down. 

This is a team with a strong defense and young QB... no need to get into shootouts, but I have no worry that we won't use Allen to his full ability.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We beat the Giants 28-14.

control the clock, play not to lose, game manager..... how many tired cliches can you put in 2 sentences.

How did we try to control the clock to start the Jets game? By passing every down. 

This is a team with a strong defense and young QB... no need to get into shootouts, but I have no worry that we won't use Allen to his full ability.

Buffalo already does IMO,

Does anybody remember how the Falcons lost the Superbowl?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Prove all of us wrong!  We lost a couple of games last season that i can remember simply because they hit the breaks way too early......this philosophy will not fly when they play the Cheats....they will get pulverized if they play it safe!

13 hours ago, bbb said:

gardner-minshew-swag.jpg

#MinshewMania 

Yep, I came to post Minshew. A 6th round rookie QB on a team national media covers less than the Bills is among the most popular players in the NFL right now. I think once Josh gets some more wins under his belt, his star will grow nationally. Without a cool mustache or naked stretching in the locker room, Josh has to earn his fame the traditional way. If we're 5-1, everyone will be talking about Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You realize that we came out passing to start the 3rd qtr against the Giants, right?  Knox dropped a pass right in his hands that would have been a big gain, we had penalties on each drive to start the 3rd that helped kill those drives. I believe 7 of the first 10 plays were passing plays.

You're not really paying attention to the games, are you?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You realize that we came out passing to start the 3rd qtr against the Giants, right?  Knox dropped a pass right in his hands that would have been a big gain, we had penalties on each drive to start the 3rd that helped kill those drives. I believe 7 of the first 10 plays were passing plays.

You're not really paying attention to the games, are you?

If you are arguing McDermott is not a conservative coach, you're wrong.

He is very much an old school, traditional, conservative, football guy.

We've seen plenty from him now to make that judgment.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If you are arguing McDermott is not a conservative coach, you're wrong.

He is very much an old school, traditional, conservative, football guy.

We've seen plenty from him now to make that judgment.

Based on what?

18 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I can’t think of one and the best part is he plays the most important position. Win or lose, good play or bad he is just a super fun player to watch. He can throw the ball 70 yards effortlessly after avoiding a sure sack and when nothing is there he turns into essentially a 6’5 250lbs running back with 4.6 speed.

Is there any NFL player in the game more exciting than Allen? Kamara? Barkley? Lamar?

Seriously?   Have you watched any NFL games except the Bills vs Jets and Giants?   When Josh Allen starts regularly throwing  for 300+ yards and multiple TDs per game, he might be in the conversation, but so far this season, he's not come close to Mahomes or Jackson in passing, and he's not close to Jackson in running.

22 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I mean, I think the non-homer answer has to be Mahomes. But I understand picking Allen.

Heck, I think Kyler is pretty exciting already, if for no other reason than the sheer peril he is in every play. Guy his size may get knocked into the phantom zone if a DE gets a head of steam and a clean shot on him

Hes so smalll it actually looks funny on tv.

• Like (+1) 1