Is there any player MORE exciting than Josh Allen in the NFL today?

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

As a Bill's fan, sure, but if I'm trying to be objective, not so much. Mahomes is friggin magical. And I can think of other players at other positions, too. If JA starts having some 400 yard passing days I will change my mind.

Suggesting that Josh Allen is literally the most exciting player in the NFL is ridiculous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

If they go 3-0 it's going to get real stupid around here.

Even more than it is now??

8 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Mahomes Jackson mayfield and Allen can fans could same the same thing 

but mahomes eould be tops

Wtf?!??

??

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't know if he is the most exciting player in the NFL; however, I love the way he plays the game - and I am excited about the potential of this team if he continues to build on the progress he has shown over the first two games of the season. He has a lot of room for improvement (of course) after only 13 NFL games; however, it is clear how much better he has gotten in such a short time. Which is a pretty good indicator of his future potenial. 

He has only played two games this season; but, the results are encouraging. Just for fun, I thought I would gather some numbers just to get a summary of what the offense has done so far:

Two games. In spite of the common perception that they played two of the worse teams in the NFL, Allen and the offense have faced one good defensive team and one bad defensive team. The Jets have the 6th ranked defense from a DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) perspective, while the Giants have the 31st.

Link: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2019

Offense Per Game

9th in Yds per game

13th in yds per play
10th in pts per game
19th in passing yds per game
14th in yds per attempt
9th in rushing yds per game
11th in avg yds per rush
6th in total 1st downs per game
14th in 3rd down conversions

Link: https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?group=O&cat=T

3rd in number of TD drives of +70 yds

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/drive_finder.cgi

Offense Per Drive

22 Drives
28th in starting Line of Scrimmage per drive 
9th in starting Line of Scrimmage after Kick Off    
18th in plays per drive
13th in yds per drive 
13th in pts per drive 
10th in TDs per drive
26th in FGs per drive
4th in TD/FG    
1st in Pts per Red Zone trip        
1st in TDs per Red Zone trip
9th in Drive Success Rate (percentage of down series that result in a first down or touchdown)
12th in Avg. Lead at the start of drive
20th in Time of Possession per drive 
18th in Punts per drive
28th in 3 and Outs per drive
29th  in turnovers per drive 
21st  in interceptions per drive 
28th in fumbles per drive 

Link: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff/2019

Only two games into a long season. While there is so much room for growth, I see a lot of good signs. 

Go Bills!

Edited by billsfan1959

8 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I bet you McD could neuter Mahomes.....

McD's offensive philosophy is to win 17-13, no 300 yard games and to control the clock & field position.  Saw this as soon as the Bills had a 14 point lead on the Giants. 

Play not to lose, not win.....  I expect Mahomes would be more a game manager here.....

Please prove me wrong McD.

14 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I can’t think of one and the best part is he plays the most important position. Win or lose, good play or bad he is just a super fun player to watch. He can throw the ball 70 yards effortlessly after avoiding a sure sack and when nothing is there he turns into essentially a 6’5 250lbs running back with 4.6 speed.

Is there any NFL player in the game more exciting than Allen? Kamara? Barkley? Lamar?

How can you not mention Mahomes? (Kamara and Barkley? LOL).  He doubled Allen's Season TD output in a single Quarter.

slow down and take the box of Kleenex...

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Aireskoi said:

I'm not putting him ahead of Patrick DiMarco, but Josh is 2nd for sure.

Seriously I just told my buddy today that Josh is the most exciting player in the NFL, and that I'm biased but so what.

Josh is the man, he's as smart as he is athletic.  His arm and legs could diminish over time but he will become a QB Jedi by then.

Eh, maybe it’s just me but I have no issue putting him ahead of Pat DiMarco.

I don’t know. I guess, for me, Fullback just isn’t a very exciting position to watch play. Now, Pat Mahomes on the other hand.... :P 

lol

• Haha (+1) 1