Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Wrong.  

The was Zero financial harm maybe but AB could have inflicted plenty of harm to the culture the Bills are trying to build.  

Bills culture is “Small town atmosphere”,  “family and team first”,  “always be prepared to do your 1/11th”,  “help others and be ready - next man up”,   “follow the process”. 

Beane is doing a fine job but he is not perfect.  Just look at least year with Peterman starting and the OL/WR situation.   Allen could have been damaged with the cast he had to play with. 

We we are lucky that AB is too vain to play for a small market team like Buffalo.  He simply is not the kind of person we need on this team.  

If if he was a Bill, and playing well, and then all these allegations started to come out it would indeed  be a major distraction.  No doubt Beane dodged a bullet.  I don’t mind him kicking the tires on players but some, like AB, are just not worth the trouble.  

First of all, Bob - I'm not wrong, although I found it a little hot that you started with such e-authority.  My OPINION had to do with money; not culture.  But since you used my post to segue into your soliloquy, I'll play along.

I get that culture is important.  I really do.  I agree that someone like AB would not be worth the troubles.

But at some point, shouldn't the expectation just be for these MEN to just be adults, do their jobs and play football?  

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He is really burning every bridge. His career might actually be over.

I've been patiently waiting for this thug to meltdown.  I knew he would not disappoint!  Come on, Tony.  You can do better than this!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is blowing up in Kraft's face. I hope Belichick is dealing with questions about this for the rest of the season.

I hate everything Pats, but if anyone cam handle this it's Belichick. It's either about the game they just played, the next game or he's done with the questions. Come to think of it, why does anyone bother with Belichick. Your wasting your time.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

First of all, Bob - I'm not wrong, although I found it a little hot that you started with such e-authority.  My OPINION had to do with money; not culture.  But since you used my post to segue into your soliloquy, I'll play along.

I get that culture is important.  I really do.  I agree that someone like AB would not be worth the troubles.

But at some point, shouldn't the expectation just be for these MEN to just be adults, do their jobs and play football?  

The impact to bringing in any player, especially a high profile personality like AB, is always more complex than just the money.  

Beane, is responsible for the roster and he has to look beyond the dollars part of it and into the culture.  McDermott talks culture all day.  It is unfathomable that Beane would bring in a player without consideration to the full impact so I contend he dodged a bullet.  Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.  

In response to your last sentence, if only this were true.  There is a long history that shows many of these young men are not ready to be true professionals.   Unfortunately many of these guys coming out of college are not well adjusted “men” and need help adjusting to being a full time professional and managing new found wealth.  This is also true for college graduates in any field -  accountants, engineers, etc., but on a totally different level as they are not high paid celebrities.  

AB is a special case.  He is a veteran.  His antics and his history as a diva go way back.   There was lots information in the public domain about his character.  It is Beane ‘s job to look at EVERYTHING.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1