Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, TPS said:

Given how quickly it happened, it certainly seems there were some "discussions" going on between the league (Goodell) and the Pats (Kraft).  Wonder if it had more to do with how AB and the Pats played this, as opposed to AB's off-field issues?

Goodell said " if you keep him, no more preferential treatment for the Pats".

27 minutes ago, vincec said:

Looks like Ryan Leaf was right after all.

Those that discounted RLs comments were not exercising their brains, RL lived that shite, and recovered, he spoke from personal experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think that after a few days the Pats probably realized just how crazy Brown really is. You can't have a guy who is flat out certifiable on your team. I do think Brown has a good case for getting paid though. He may have done or said (and written) things that brought him into disrepute in the eyes of many but I don't see how it reflected on the team. Also, as has been mentioned, the behaviour that voids the guarantee has to be prospective, meaning post signing. I don't think the Pats could reasonably argue that they thought they were employing a choir boy with no skeletons in his closet. That Brown came with substantial baggage should have been well understood. 

30 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Those that discounted RLs comments were not exercising their brains, RL lived that shite, and recovered, he spoke from personal experience. 

A handful of us backed Ryan Leaf up, seems to have really learned. His 30/30 or Football Life documentary is excellent btw.

Odd when Ryan Leaf backs up our opinion, and makes the Patriots look bad at the same time.

For everything there is a season, and the seasons, like the tide is turning.

I hope that through this whole circus show, Buffalo is only focused on the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

A handful of us backed Ryan Leaf up, seems to have really learned. His 30/30 or Football Life documentary is excellent btw.

Odd when Ryan Leaf backs up our opinion, and makes the Patriots look bad at the same time.

For everything there is a season, and the seasons, like the tide is turning.

I hope that through this whole circus show, Buffalo is only focused on the Bengals.

Picking up what your putting down,  I suspect SM is drilling that very message into them every day.

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I think that after a few days the Pats probably realized just how crazy Brown really is. You can't have a guy who is flat out certifiable on your team. I do think Brown has a good case for getting paid though. He may have done or said (and written) things that brought him into disrepute in the eyes of many but I don't see how it reflected on the team. Also, as has been mentioned, the behaviour that voids the guarantee has to be prospective, meaning post signing. I don't think the Pats could reasonably argue that they thought they were employing a choir boy with no skeletons in his closet. That Brown came with substantial baggage should have been well understood. 

I don't think so, he has been pretty quiet and good since joint them

I think it has more to do with the recent allegations made against him. On Monday the league spoke to one of the accusers, another allegation came out later this week. I think the Pats have been notified that he was going to be facing some discipline so they got out of the deal.

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think so, he has been pretty quiet and good since joint them

I think it has more to do with the recent allegations made against him. On Monday the league spoke to one of the accusers, another allegation came out later this week. I think the Pats have been notified that he was going to be facing some discipline so they got out of the deal.

Maybe he has been keeping a low profile as you suggest. But then the question remains "does he get paid?" A league suspension would void the guarantee, but if none is forthcoming then I think he gets paid. I guess we will just have to wait and see.