Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

I doubt he will- he has a huge, narcissistic ego - the sad thing is he will do something so severe and it will be too late 

Sure that may be part of the illness if he indeed has one. The failure to appreciate the peril...underestimating the totality of it all. Some guys can get away with it...he obviously cannot. Whether he realizes or not, he was probably better off in smaller market Pittsburgh. His facade cracked and the fall from grace began. Brown overestimated his ability to cope.

Edited by Rocket94

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Seeing as how most of these allegations were being made at the time of the signing, or if they would have held off a few hours from him being released, they knew about it in advance andso far he hasn't done anything else to add to what was coming out at the time he signed......

“If they hadn’t signed him so quickly they would’ve seen it on the news soon” isn’t a great standard. I suspect that browns camp was far more aware than they let on to the pats though. Which might be a challenge for him. But they also let him play after knowing there were issues which should hurt their case on the bonus

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

There may be more to this than currently noted. They’re the 2X defending Champs. Is he really who the Leagues premier club should showcase? Outside of Bawstin proper, they have very few fans..

6X SB.  

New England is much more than Boston proper.  It is a regional franchise.   They have the entire state of Mass, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, And half of Connecticut (other half is Giants).  Plus the fans that root for perennial winners.  

I travel to those states often and the fans are spoiled.  It hard to have a conversation about sports with the locals unless you want to pay homage to their teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in STL said:

6X SB.  

New England is much more than Boston proper.  It is a regional franchise.   They have the entire state of Mass, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, And half of Connecticut (other half is Giants).  Plus the fans that root for perennial winners.  

I travel to those states often and the fans are spoiled.  It hard to have a conversation about sports with the locals unless you want to pay homage to their teams.  

I’m well aware of their history. So much so, I know all the folks you have discussions with there will resort back to being Giants FA’s as soon as Brady & Uncle Bill call it quits.

• Haha (+1) 1