Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Didn't Kraft's wife insist they not sign Peter after they drafted him?

She did but he knew nothing about it because he was at his girlfriend's place. Scumbag.

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Will that money count against the Pats cap?  

It has to, and will be split approximately half this year and half next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Doc said:

As much as it sucks that Brown will get money, the Cheaters deserve to lose it.

I am actually kind of rooting for him to get the money if it will cost the Patriots salary cap space. 

If it would (which I think is the case), $9M to brown means that much less salary cap space that they can spend on someone else. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The thing is, Kraft never interferes in football ops, this might be the first time that I remember.  Belichick went too far with AB and Kraft had to pull the plug, otherwise the league would have.

Kraft also sided with Brady over Bill when they had to make the decision on Jimmy G supposably. Belichick allegedly wanted to trade Brady for picks and a starting caliber piece and move forward with Jimmy G. Kraft wanted to try and win as much as possible with the more proven Brady. 

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Does Oakland/ Vegas get a comp pick?  Serious question.

I don't think so since they cut him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Kraft also sided with Brady over Bill when they had to make the decision on Jimmy G supposably. Belichick allegedly wanted to trade Brady for picks and a starting caliber piece and move forward with Jimmy G. Kraft wanted to try and win as much as possible with the more proven Brady. 

I thought I remember hearing that someone from the Patriots organization deny this rumor about Kraft overruling Belichick on the Jimmy G trade.  I'm also fairly certain that some of Pats fans that frequent this board don't believe it either.  Maybe @PatsFanNH could chime in on this.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought I remember hearing that someone from the Patriots organization deny this rumor about Kraft overruling Belichick on the Jimmy G trade.  I'm also fairly certain that some of Pats fans that frequent this board don't believe it either.  Maybe @PatsFanNH could chime in on this.

Do you really think there is any validity from the professional cheats when they deny something?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The organization denied a rift between Belichek**** Kraft and Brady***

In August, we were visiting a friend who is a long time Pats fan and he emphatically believed it.  

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The organization denied a rift between Belichek**** Kraft and Brady***

In August, we were visiting a friend who is a long time Pats fan and he emphatically believed it.  

Thanks, Interesting.  I'm pretty sure I recall some of our Pats fan visitors deny this rift.

The source I mentioned wasn't a PR person with "official" statement, but rather an unnamed source within the Pats organization.

Yeah that was a rumor. SF wanted to trade for Brady. Belichick laughed. Pats were hoping to sign Garrapolo to a bridge deal. They offered 2 years 24 million fully guaranteed. When it he wouldnt take the deal. They traded him. They really couldnt franchise him either. You would have had 48 million in cap space on 2 qbs.

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Thanks, Interesting.  I'm pretty sure I recall some of our Pats fan visitors deny this rift.

The source I mentioned wasn't a PR person with "official" statement, but rather an unnamed source within the Pats organization.

The rift at the time was between Brady and Belichick. Not really sure what the issue was. It definitely wasnt about trading Jimmy G. Rumors were that Brady was getting tired of Belichicks schtick. He felt that as a 18 year vet he should have been cut some slack in team meetings.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chris66 said:

The rift at the time was between Brady and Belichick. Not really sure what the issue was. It definitely wasnt about trading Jimmy G. Rumors were that Brady was getting tired of Belichicks schtick. He felt that as a 18 year vet he should have been cut some slack in team meetings.

Maybe BB objected to his relationship with the masking agent King.