Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Quite frankly I was hoping for AB to kill the team from the inside out. They were good without him. I dont expect this to change things much. The dude needs som psychological evaluation before thinking about football. 

This is 100% what I thought too. I'm actually sad that they dumped him so fast.

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Only 2 scummy teams left are The cowgirls and The foreskins

You underestimate the level of scum in the NFL. Why the Bengals (Mixon and previously Pac Man Jones, Hill and Burfict) and Chiefs (Reek Hill and previously Hunt) are perfectly in play.

Of course the Browns could add to that building powder keg and Seattle may try to 'Carroll' his talent

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Quite frankly I was hoping for AB to kill the team from the inside out. They were good without him. I dont expect this to change things much. The dude needs som psychological evaluation before thinking about football. 

We could have seen a repeat of McNabb/Owens then if he stuck around.

For those not familiar....

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

6X SB.  

New England is much more than Boston proper.  It is a regional franchise.   They have the entire state of Mass, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, And half of Connecticut (other half is Giants).  Plus the fans that root for perennial winners.  

I travel to those states often and the fans are spoiled.  It hard to have a conversation about sports with the locals unless you want to pay homage to their teams.  

You mean all the Chowd territories...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

We could have seen a repeat of McNabb/Owens then if he stuck around.

For those not familiar....

Owens was a headcase as well, but I don't remember him having the off the field issue like Brown. With that being said, social media has come a long way since then.  You can barely rake a piss in public before half the world knows these days. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

a couple of thoughts Ive not read the complete thread to know if these came up  but how many hours until AB plays the "Im a Victim" card it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Secondly has his agent Rosenhaus chirped in yet at all? There goes HIS money down the drain too If Im not mistaken..... im still not convinced he gets paid his full or even part share in a situation like this...…not that he being paid anything I'll lose sleep over but at least in His job was he royally screwed over by his client Antonio? Im thinking if Antonio doesn't get paid the agent doesn't either I don't know if anyone knows how those commissions work especially not knowing all the verbiage in his contract...…..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Margarita said:

a couple of thoughts Ive not read the complete thread to know if these came up  but how many hours until AB plays the "Im a Victim" card it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Secondly has his agent Rosenhaus chirped in yet at all? There goes HIS money down the drain too If Im not mistaken..... im still not convinced he gets paid his full or even part share in a situation like this...…not that he being paid anything I'll lose sleep over but at least in His job was he royally screwed over by his client Antonio? Im thinking if Antonio doesn't get paid the agent doesn't either I don't know if anyone knows how those commissions work especially not knowing all the verbiage in his contract...…..

He's basically said they're excited to find another team for him to get kicked out of...I may of ad libbed some of that.

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

You underestimate the level of scum in the NFL. Why the Bengals (Mixon and previously Pac Man Jones, Hill and Burfict) and Chiefs (Reek Hill and previously Hunt) are perfectly in play.

Of course the Browns could add to that building powder keg and Seattle may try to 'Carroll' his talent

I hope Seattle passes on him. I genuinely like Pete Carroll...he doesn't deserve this crap. At this stage of his coaching career...don't do it Pete!

Edited by Rocket94