Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

I'm not wishing this on him - but how long do we really think Gordon can keep it together?

He's been saying and doing the right things - I know he's probably on his last strike from a league and patriots perspective.  He's never been like... trashing his teams in social media, or trashing his QB, or trashing management.  He legit has a substance abuse problem, has struggled a lot, and seems to have turned it around.  

It's more of a trust thing than like, a distraction really.  

12 minutes ago, Say When... said:

a one man wrecking crew...

who woulda thunk the Raiders would have been the one team smart enough to get out of his path?

still cost them 2 draft picks

and let's recall the pundits saying  'boy oh boy that clown show, the Buffalo Bills couldn't get it done'

Bills are left unscathed

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I obviously don't know for sure, but I can only conclude that AB's decision to include his lawyer as a recipient on the threatening texts he sent to the woman derived from his belief that this would make them privileged communications!  Anyway, there ain't no accounting for stupid ....

He isn’t very smart

Just now, Protocal69 said:

Watch he goes to the Jets

I think his year is probably done at this point.  He trashed every aspect of the steelers on his way out.  Coaching, Management, Big Ben, JuJu for some reason.  Then he goes to the raiders, has some weird helmet drama... Barely practices... then gets into it with coaching and management AGAIN. 

NE takes a chance on him because its like hey - his agent put out feelers when he originally left Pitt.  He's a good player... lets do it! Then there's a rape accusation, a 2nd accusation, a weird texting... threat or whatever.  In what? 2 weeks?! 

Who wants to bring a clown show to their team at this point?

Not the first time the Pats have brought someone on for a look. Belichick has a growth mindset. He never stops looking and makes his own judgements. I see some of that in McBeane. Now if they can only do it better.  I have concerns that they are a little too much in the fixed mindset of everyone has to fit the process in a certain way.