Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

Just now, Say When... said:

a one man wrecking crew...

who woulda thunk the Raiders would have been the one team smart enough to get out of his path?

Yeah but they weren't that smart.  They did give up (likely to be high) 3rd and 5th round picks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Say When... said:

a one man wrecking crew...

who woulda thunk the Raiders would have been the one team smart enough to get out of his path?

They waited till right until the season started I wouldn't call that getting out of his path. Not to mention the draft picks and cap space he's eating up. If there's a team that dodged this bullet it would be the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sportrac is wrong again. There was a clause in the contract thay stated if he did anything to embarrass himself or the team the contract could be voided. His bonus money was split between 2 payments. With 5 million due monday and the other due later in the season. His actual salary was 1 million. So the Pats paid him roughly 90,000 for the miami game.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

They waited till right until the season started I wouldn't call that getting out of his path. Not to mention the draft picks and cap space he's eating up. If there's a team that dodged this bullet it would be the Bills.

i understood, because of when the Raiders released him the cap hit was inconsequential, yes they lost some picks, i was focused solely on $$