Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

Just now, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

I thought I read last week that if the Pats cut him they were on the hook for around $9 million signing bonus they paid him. If thats the case its hilarious that they shelled out that coin for one game! 

They deserve it.  Should have looked into him better than jumping on him.  Makes me think the Raiders knew this was coming down the pike.

He's done.  

MAYBE a chance to come back with someone towards the end of the year if all goes right the next couple of months or next season, but I think it's a situation where no one will pay him enough  to lure him and he won't want to play for cheap to earn his path back in.

I obviously don't know for sure, but I can only conclude that AB's decision to include his lawyer as a recipient on the threatening texts he sent to the woman derived from his belief that this would make them privileged communications!  Anyway, there ain't no accounting for stupid ....

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

I thought I read last week that if the Pats cut him they were on the hook for around $9 million signing bonus they paid him. If thats the case its hilarious that they shelled out that coin for one game! 

I'm sure Kraft was smart enough to have some kind of language in the contract that gets him off the hook. If not though, the shaft couldn't have been thrown to a more deserving owner.