Water bottle policy

Thunderstruck

Here in Cali, they sued stadiums that didn’t at least let us in with empty water bottles. 

They wound up changing the rule and now allow us in and have hydration stations for free. 

It has saved a ton of people from heat exhaustion. 

16 hours ago, MR8 said:

They have coolers of water at the Guest Services area where you can fill an EMPTY water bottle or refill a bottle you purchased there.  Additionally, if you sign up for their "Designated Driver of the Game" Program they give you a coupon for a free Pepsi Product which includes Aquafina.... the snag there is you can't be drunk and saying your a DD lol.

But I do the sign up every game to get my free water and then refill it at the Guest Services areas.

They used to have Water Fountains back 25+ years ago but they removed them because they had issues with freezing pipes. 

I signed up for some designated driver thing at the stadium a year or two ago. Set my two beers on the counter and almost fell over signing it. 

This policy is BS. Water is an essential part of everyone's diet and an outdoor event should never be a place where you are not allowed to bring your own water in. 

For the record, at KeyBank Center you can bring in as many water bottles per person as you want as long as they are sealed. 

There are no drinking fountains.....the Erie Country Board of Health gave the Bills/stadium a waver on providing the last time the stadium was redone.  Hydration stations?  The last time I was there there were little yellow coolers with a miniscule dixie cup.......at guest services locations only.  I would say be prepared to pay the $5 for a bottle of water......the exact intent of the removal of the water fountains imho.  And, no containers...they are thinking you are bringing them in to fill and throw at whatever.

16 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

There are no drinking fountains.....the Erie Country Board of Health gave the Bills/stadium a waver on providing the last time the stadium was redone.  Hydration stations?  

If one should need a hydration station to endure a Bills game one should stay home.

Talking like it's Disneyland and water misting apparatus should be available as well.

They allowed you to bring a sealed bottle in to the opener last year bc the temps were almost in the 90s. 

Problem is, they announced it a few hours before gate time. Word of mouth spread quickly though.

Also, my trick, get an empty water bottle from the tailgate, crush it flat and cap it. Stick it in yr waistband or pocket,  and walk in with it. I’ve also gotten away w a full one in the pocket with the tee shirt covering it. You’re welcome. 

18 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

If they are going to pull that BS and prohibit water, it shouldn’t be $6 a bottle. If there is anything that should be reasonably priced, make it the water. $2 a bottle and they still make plenty of profit on it. 

I can't stand all these venues now ripping us off on WATER.  Just greed at the expense of people's safety. If they fear alcohol being put in there, make people empty their bottles before going in but being able to keep it, as it's now done in many places. As there is a reversal in this policy now in many places, to be more environment friendly, actually encouraging people to bring in their bottles and fill them at designed fountains. I'm so sick of this greed. Like we don't pay through the nose already.

• Like (+1) 1

Last time I went in I brought a collapsible camping water bottle. They have them in silicone now.

https://www.amazon.com/Baiji-Bottle-Collapsible-Silicone-Bottles/dp/B00UGQBTP8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_198_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1S653KBCWV13JF0455R4

And here is a nice tailgate item

https://www.amazon.com/Concealable-Collapsible-Sizes-32-YSLF-Eco-Friendly/dp/B074J5355F/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=water+bra&qid=1569079009&s=home-garden&sr=1-1

And I knew a woman (not biblically) who used to bring in water (and sometimes vodka) in her bra.  She would wear two and put the water bags between them.  Never had issue.

3 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

This policy is BS. Water is an essential part of everyone's diet and an outdoor event should never be a place where you are not allowed to bring your own water in. 

For the record, at KeyBank Center you can bring in as many water bottles per person as you want as long as they are sealed. 

I think the high-priced water is ridiculous.  But it's not like they're making you go a month without water.  It's a 4-hour game.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

...same damn thing in an airport with TSA......SMH.......it's volatile stuff..........