Water bottle policy

Thunderstruck

Sorry to make a post about this, but I know a lot of entry rules have changed for the stadium and I don't feel like the team website explicitly answers whether you are allowed to bring in plastic water bottles or not. No bottles... no cans... is that just metal / glass or do they ban the plastic bottles too?

Wife is coming with me on Sunday and with it being so warm she wants to know if she can carry in water with her. I thought to myself for a while and realized that I have never once tried to carry in or purchase water in all my years going to games.

Anyone have an answer on this?

Thanks

Edited by Thunderstruck

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Unfortunate. But hey she can buy $9 water inside!

Yeah- that's what I figured. Thanks

5 minutes ago, ricojes said:

No water.

although a One gallon clear plastic freezer bag is permitted.  So bring in ice and you'll have water quickly as it's supposed to be 80 degree's.

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/game-day

Just one, or can I bring in hundreds of one gallon bags filled with ice, let them melt into water, and sell said water at half the price of the stadium water?

17 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Yeah- that's what I figured. Thanks

Just one, or can I bring in hundreds of one gallon bags filled with ice, let them melt into water, and sell said water at half the price of the stadium water?

No need to smuggle in water.    Just fill your cups out of the men's room porcelain.    Easy peasy...

• Haha (+1) 3

They have coolers of water at the Guest Services area where you can fill an EMPTY water bottle or refill a bottle you purchased there.  Additionally, if you sign up for their "Designated Driver of the Game" Program they give you a coupon for a free Pepsi Product which includes Aquafina.... the snag there is you can't be drunk and saying your a DD lol.

But I do the sign up every game to get my free water and then refill it at the Guest Services areas.

They used to have Water Fountains back 25+ years ago but they removed them because they had issues with freezing pipes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Stadium policy and their prices are outrageous. I'm still salty that they wouldn't let me grab a pair of Bills sunglasses for the 2013 home opener. It was my wife's (then fiancee) first game and I went to grab a pair for her from one of the dozens upon dozens of boxes they had of them and some stadium weenie runs over, "Those are for the kids!" I look around and see just about everyone else coming through the gates is being handed a pair. I said "Whatever" and dropped them back in the box, it was hot and I wasn't gonna debate over a pair of cheapos, but still, relax guy. I guess it depends on which gate you go through, some employees are like, "Yeah, yeah, go through" and others act like they're gonna win a Nobel Peace Prize if they find one random guy with a tiny joint in his sock or something. 

Edited by blacklabel

22 minutes ago, MR8 said:

They have coolers of water at the Guest Services area where you can fill an EMPTY water bottle or refill a bottle you purchased there.  Additionally, if you sign up for their "Designated Driver of the Game" Program they give you a coupon for a free Pepsi Product which includes Aquafina.... the snag there is you can't be drunk and saying your a DD lol.

But I do the sign up every game to get my free water and then refill it at the Guest Services areas.

They used to have Water Fountains back 25+ years ago but they removed them because they had issues with freezing pipes. 

but you can get drunk once you get your free water!

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, ricojes said:

No water.

although a One gallon clear plastic freezer bag is permitted.  So bring in ice and you'll have water quickly as it's supposed to be 80 degree's.

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/game-day

It's my understanding that bottled water IS actually allowed, but I believe one per person and the bottle MUST be sealed..

That's how it was in Carolina, and as far as I know, these rules are uniform at all NFL stadiums.

If not, so what.. you throw away a 10 cent bottle of water if they don't let it in. The biggest thing is make sure her bag is allowed. It's stupid what they won't allow anymore. The absolute worst thing is to get all the way to the front to find out she can't bring her bag in. They're pretty strict on it too.

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

It's my understanding that bottled water IS actually allowed, but I believe one per person and the bottle MUST be sealed..

That's how it was in Carolina, and as far as I know, these rules are uniform at all NFL stadiums.

If not, so what.. you throw away a 10 cent bottle of water if they don't let it in. The biggest thing is make sure her bag is allowed. It's stupid what they won't allow anymore. The absolute worst thing is to get all the way to the front to find out she can't bring her bag in. They're pretty strict on it too.

I'm guessing you haven't been to a Bills game lately.  They absolutely still took our bottles on hot days, with the exception of that one exceptionally hot day I think last year where they suspended the rule for the day to avoid lawsuits.  

You may also notice that Carolina is a lot further south and warmer than Buffalo.

*edit*

Oh and they allow purses but not fanny packs.  Because the functional difference is...?  I nagged them to let me in on that point because I was on crutches with my meds in the pack, and wasn't going to stand in line for an hour at the shop to spend $10 for a bag I'd have to carry while I'm on crutches.  Next game I go to I'm literally going to borrow a purse from my sister and dare them to not let me bring it in.  Don't care if I look dumb it'll be a fun talking point about their ridiculous policies.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

That's what I thought also, but I just went through the stadium guide I have and it does not say that anywhere. Even empty bottles are not permitted, so you can't take an empty and fill it up inside. 

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

I thought to myself for a while and realized that I have never once tried to carry in or purchase water in all my years going to games.

Me neither. But, I have snuck in lots of alcohol since the '70's.

I'll stop this year. I only bought tickets for two games and in they're in the Kelly Club. Must act the part, plus with tailgating on an empty stomach....

But not at Sabre games, I bought a 10 pack(of tickets) this year. It's hard to get a buzz going quickly after dinner before a Sabres game.   

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Just out of curiosity, what do they charge for a bottle of water at New Era?

I think it's like $3 or $4. Memory is a little fuzzy but I know I have paid the same price for a bottle of Diet Pepsi as a bottle of Aquafina (desperate times call for desperate measures) when getting my DDs their beverages over the last couple years. Definitely more than you want to pay, but definitely less than the $6 or $9 mentioned above