Would you rather beat Patriots both times this year or lose twice to them and win a WC playoff game over another team?

BrycePaup4ever

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Winning a playoff game is far better than beating the Pats twice. Why would anyone choose that?

For a successful franchise a wildcard win isn’t a major milestone either. 

Kind of 6 of 1 half dozen the other but I suspect beating the pats twice would be a sign of both our resurgence but also their decline which would be pleasant 

Is this based only winning 1 playoff game? I'm in it for the long run. If its between beating the Pat's twice in regular season and crapping the bed in the playoffs I'm all for beating the Pats.  If it's about losing to the Pats and having the chance to go all the way, I'm happy to lose to the Pats

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

might not be in the majority here but sweeping the evil empire would be my choice.

Should've done a poll. I would’ve liked to have seen the results.

After all these years, I’d rather see the Bills beat the Pats twice.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Chemical said:

Is the second choice ONLY one playoff win?

If that's the case I'm choosing beating the Patriots twice because that means the team is closer to super bowl caliber.

This is the answer. Beating the Patriots twice, the defending champions and best team in the NFL, would confirm a lot more about the quality of the Bills than beating some barely winning team in the wildcard round. Neither one wins you a championship, which should be the ultimate goal, but you'd have to like the teams chances better over the next several years if they can sweep NE than if they can eke out a WC win while NE wins a 3rd straight championship.

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

For a successful franchise a wildcard win isn’t a major milestone either. 

Kind of 6 of 1 half dozen the other but I suspect beating the pats twice would be a sign of both our resurgence but also their decline which would be pleasant 

Agreed. In a strict either or scenario it would be kind of a toss up if in (1) the Bills didn't sneak into the playoffs, but, rather, were a legitimate playoff team, and lost a good wildcard game, and (2) the Bills beat the Pats twice because they were the better team (which, in reality, would probably mean the Bills were a playoff team).  Both would show real progress for this team.

In the spirit of complying with the OP's question of either / or, I would choose beating the Pats twice.

13 hours ago, Success said:

Here’s what I want:  I want to sweep the Patriots in the regular season and win the division.  I want to then beat them again in the playoffs, en route to the Super Bowl.

It’s going to happen I just hope I’m still alive to see it !!!

GOOO BILLS!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Agreed. In a strict either or scenario it would be kind of a toss up if in (1) the Bills didn't sneak into the playoffs, but, rather, were a legitimate playoff team, and lost a good wildcard game, and (2) the Bills beat the Pats twice because they were the better team (which, in reality, would probably mean the Bills were a playoff team).  Both would show real progress for this team.

In the spirit of complying with the OP's question of either / or, I would choose beating the Pats twice.

Essentially, if looking for 13 wins in the schedule - you’d feel a lot more comfortable betting on taking this win than penciling sweeping all the super bowl contenders you face- patriots used for easy short hand. 

Non playoff to fringe teams you

need to win at exceptional rates so you can split the top tier teams if you want to be a top seed. If trying to sneak in from here you just have to win most of the jet/fins games (3-1 there gets us to 4 wins with giants in the bank) and split the rest and you are teetering between 9-10 wins which should be a wildcard. This one being a conference game at home would be a real nice one but not totally required 

• Like (+1) 1

First of all you can't beat the Patriots at home because that Foxboro palace has the cheating baked right in. The way it's built, wired, set up favors the Pats in every way. One example? Funny how your headsets stop working at key moments.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I would rather watch a pass go out of bounds directly at Bill B, and have our WR run him over trying to catch the pass, unintentionally of course....

Go Bills!!!

Tough question.

Like a similar question a few years back. Would you take a deal to win the super bowl this year if it meant missing the playoffs for the next 20 years following. I voted no in that scenario because i want the Bills to be more than a flash in the pan. I want them to be like other great teams with Franchise QB's who are always in contention like the Steelers, Chiefs, Packers, Seahawks and the Saints have been. I could see if you are over 60 you might just sign up for the one and done option though.

It's kind of expected that we are going to lose to the Pats twice every year anyway. I usually go into each season kind of already making us 0-2 in those games and hoping for a wildcard. I know I shouldn't but it's reality. Having said that, I'd rather have the playoff win by far. We haven't won a playoff game since the 1995 season. I was 9 years old at the time. I forgot what that feels like lol. We've also only been to the playoffs 4 times since then with an 18 year gap from one playoff game to another. Get me the playoff win

Edited by Buffalo03

15 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

There is always Switzerland!

Canada is 2/3 of the way there....

54 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Patriots hatred may now qualify for 12 step programs.

i can think of a few Derangement Syndromes that dwarf it, in sports the Yankees still whip the Pats

MLB prays the Yankees keep going in the playoffs, barely anyone closely watches unless their team or hatred of the Yankees attracts them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Canada is 2/3 of the way there....

i can think of a few Derangement Syndromes that dwarf it, in sports the Yankees still whip the Pats

MLB prays the Yankees keep going in the playoffs, barely anyone closely watches unless their team or hatred of the Yankees attracts them

During the Phil Rizutto WPIX years...I tuned in to root against the Yankees. As a life long Mets fan it helped ease the pain! ha!