Fairburn: Singletary officially out this week

DCOrange

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

When he's ready hes ready.

Yeah. I don't think we're in any position to be resting guys beyond what's necessary because of this game or that game or whatever game. I'm sure they'll take the proper precautions, but you don't just go around sitting healthy players because some guys in the past have had similar injuries lingers. Many guys in the past have also returned when healthy and been fine.

"When he's ready, he's ready." I don't see any need to pontificate about match-up scenarios, etc. BUT. This is a message board and I suppose it'd be pretty boring without some "pontification." That's not a real word, but it should be.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It's a real bummer about Singletary but Yeldon at least ran for 4.0 YPC last season, he's also viable in the pass game which is nice. Gore looked really slow, I mean he's 100 years old so I get it but I'd rather get a heavy dose of Yeldon than Gore, just my opinion though.

Gore is a tank and may not have top end speed but he still has vision and quick feet.

18 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think we have a consensus here.  Get through the Cincinnati game with a win while resting T Johnson and Singletary, then play NE at full health, or as close to that as possible.  It helps that New England is beat up on their offensive line, enough that Brady is pleading for the officials to let the replacements hold so he has time to pass.

Yes, let's head into the Bengals game assuming we will win, all the while thinking ahead to the Pats game, which is more important. That sounds like a great idea. 

Edited by skibum

20 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is why Im not real worried

19 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Rest him against the pats as well. The eye test tells me the Bills aren’t ready to beat them no matter what, so there’s no need to bring him back too soon for that game. 

You need glasses.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

It appears 6 WR’s are dressing against Cinci and 2 RB’s. We only have 2 QB’s on the active also and Kroft is hurt again. Why not elevate Duke and give him some playing time? I. Pre season nothing pointed to him being a liability. 

The only issue with bringing him up is that you’re then stuck with 7 WR’s on the roster as none of them would clear waivers and make it to the PS. I personally don’t see a huge issue with that, but 7 WR’s on the 53 is a lot based on what teams usually do. 

The other thing is, the only WR that hasn’t contributed is Foster, so you have to decide whose a bigger weapon for the 5 snaps a game they’ll get, Foster or Williams. This is made more difficult by Roberts being health and active now. 

Personally, I prefer to sit on Williams until an injury frees up a spot for him. 

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The only issue with bringing him up is that you’re then stuck with 7 WR’s on the roster as none of them would clear waivers and make it to the PS. I personally don’t see a huge issue with that, but 7 WR’s on the 53 is a lot based on what teams usually do. 

The other thing is, the only WR that hasn’t contributed is Foster, so you have to decide whose a bigger weapon for the 5 snaps a game they’ll get, Foster or Williams. This is made more difficult by Roberts being health and active now. 

Personally, I prefer to sit on Williams until an injury frees up a spot for him. 

Good points- I am not completely in tune with the waiver process if you call someone up and then send him back down.