Fairburn: Singletary officially out this week

DCOrange

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Too bad that a "consensus" of opinion by Bills fans doesn't guarantee a win

There was a time when "consensus" and a dime would get you a cup of coffee.  Now it takes "consensus" and a couple bucks, more if you go to Starbucks.

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah that’s there too. I wonder why they don’t jets sweep Foster or Brown.  They’re the fastest right? 

Mariota is another QB I think our guy is passing or has passed. He’s looked aweful. 

Foster and Brown aren't as dynamic/elusive with the ball in their hands as McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 1

Singletary is a big loss.  He's been a huge boost to the offense.  I wouldn't be all that surprised if his hammy turns into a multiple week injury.  Rushing back from a pulled hamstring too soon increases the chance of reoccurence and with only 2 more games until the Bill bye the smart move might be to keep him on the shelf until after the bye.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsRdue said:

I'm waiting for Kroft to trip on the tarp and break a bone. Would love to see this guy get on the field and make an impact, but geez talk about injury prone.

that he is, they knew that bringing him in. even if he does come back, how long before he's out again? a drag really because when healthy he could really help JA in the passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

Rest him against the pats as well. The eye test tells me the Bills aren’t ready to beat them no matter what, so there’s no need to bring him back too soon for that game. 

If Devin's ready, PLAY HIM. It's a home game. We go in 3-0 and anything can happen. We just need to play a perfect defensive game. Hit and hurt. Don't back down in the trenches on O or D and make them pay hard for every yard. We need to send a message to NE that we defend our dirt and no one comes in here and kicks us around. Rattle Brady enough and he's a little b!tch. He'll cry to the refs, deflate a ball, roll over and play dead to get a flag.  But constant harassment and he's not the same QB.  

The one thing we've done really well is bat balls down. Get the hands up, get the pressure on, smother the little old f"ker like hot sauce on a wing, then eat him up.

Edited by BillsRdue

I will be very interested to see how Gore does this week.

I think he will suck, though if they get ahead, might pad his stats while they kill the clock.

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

Rest him against the pats as well. The eye test tells me the Bills aren’t ready to beat them no matter what, so there’s no need to bring him back too soon for that game. 

If he is ready to go, I think that is a terrible idea.

That is a huge game to set the tone. Even if they lose, they need to be competive, as well as get a true measure of themselves against the the Patriots.

Conceding games to the Patriots....I hate all this "playing scared", WTF. It's terrible approach to football.

Edited by 32ABBA

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Interested to see how Yeldon is used.   He’s not the runner Singletary is, but he provides the dimension of being one of the best receiving backs in the league.  

Wouldnt be suprised if yeldon to has more catches than carries 

4 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

If he is healthy he needs to play.  Why surrender?  If scared of Pats, play Barkley.

Edited by Just Joshin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1